Would love some help from anyone who has taken Holland America to Cube

lneilan

Oh, I didn't know that about Holland America. They only have 2 shore excursions and they are both at night. So, I am a little nervous about booking with them.

Thanks

You are nervous because the excursions are at night? But there will be a guide with you. Unfortunately, visitors are going to be limited as to what excursions will be allowed in Cuba, and it appears now that all excursions will have to be U.S. approved, non-Cuban military sponsored. We can't be too choosy, in other words.

My concern is that I would like to be able to do both a daytime and evening tour, as is possible with some of the other ships, I was concerned that HAL is not offering enough variety.

[beginquote=lneilan;53480664]Oh, I didn't know that about Holland America. They only have 2 shore excursions and they are both at night. So, I am a little nervous about booking with them.

Thanks[/endquote]

====

Cuba at night is a great night out usually there is dinner and real jazz from the old times not the BB King stuff. Highly recommended.

Just keep your arms in the bus since some of the back streets have trees with limbs sticking out. Travelled there with an "exchange culture" group not with cruise ship. Cuba may still be dictating places you have to go i.e. Castro education talk so HAL may be ironing out excursion details with Cuba.

Peter

[beginquote=lneilan;53480664]Oh, I didn't know that about Holland America. They only have 2 shore excursions and they are both at night. So, I am a little nervous about booking with them.

Thanks[/endquote]

====

Cuba at night is a great night out usually there is dinner and real jazz from the old times not the BB King stuff. Highly recommended.

Just keep your arms in the bus since some of the back streets have trees with limbs sticking out. Travelled there with an "exchange culture" group not with cruise ship. Cuba may still be dictating places you have to go i.e. Castro education talk so HAL may be ironing out excursion details with Cuba.

Peter

It is not just Cuba dictating places we can go. The present administration is about to put new rules into effect, restricting touring in Cuba. Until those rules or regs are made public, it is difficult to say how free a tourist will be to DIY excursions. However, it does appear that people will have to be part of a U.S. approved excursion that meets the 12 points for legitimate travel to that country. Further, lodging in Cuba and the excursions cannot result in subsidizing the Cuban military. It does not appear, however, that cruise ship passengers will be unduly affected by the new rules, as long as the tours, themselves, are approved by the U.S. Government.