Just got off the Conquest (Grand Turk, HMC, Nassau). Consider Mobile Passport.

Voyagers

I plan to do a review (had a great time) but want to specifically mention debarkation issues. For whatever reason, debarkation was delayed significantly. Some issues at the port. We didn't get out of the port facility until 1 PM and it would have been later if we had not downloaded Mobile Passport while in line. This app allowed us to go to a separate, much shorter customs line. I suggest you seriously consider adding that app to your phone.

Thank you for the tip. It is a great reminder that this can happen any time at any port. I will download the app and continue to make mid to late afternoon air reservations to go home. I hate to have stress immediately after my vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I downloaded and plan to use it for my upcoming cruise, but my only concern is that if everyone else is learning about this app...wouldn't people from the other lines now wind up standing on that one making it just as long?! Or does it generally move along quicker with the app?

dont count on the app working all the time. we tried to use it and it would not work on either of our phones. it would get all the way to the part where it would show the custums people the screen they needed and it would say it was not working. we even had the port people try it. no go. we were not the only people having trouble.

Actually (and surprisingly) a lot of passengers were still traveling with birth certificates instead of passports. So you would bypass them with the mobile app. Also all the customs official did was scan in our paper passports (we still needed to present them) and the bar code from the mobile app on our phone. We had answered the necessary questions on the app so no other questions were asked. A very fast process.

not all ports support the mobile passport. i tried to use it at the NYC terminal a few days ago. the custom officer seemed a bit confused on what it was so i just hand them my paper customs form instead with my passport

We returned on Thursday. Not sure what happened at the port but we couldn't leave the ship until about 11 AM (they were setting up the lunch buffet for the newly arriving passengers) and another 90 minutes or so in line at the port facility before we decided to try the app. From then it was smooth sailing through customs!

not all ports support the mobile passport. i tried to use it at the NYC terminal a few days ago. the custom officer seemed a bit confused on what it was so i just hand them my paper customs form instead with my passport

Unfortunately the only cruise port that offers it is Port Everglades.

We returned on Thursday. Not sure what happened at the port but we couldn't leave the ship until about 11 AM (they were setting up the lunch buffet for the newly arriving passengers) and another 90 minutes or so in line at the port facility before we decided to try the app. From then it was smooth sailing through customs!

What was the date that you returned? I see that on 6/29 and 7/6 there were a TON of ships moving in and out of port everglades. Im looking at my return date, we there are only 2 -- hoping to not get held-up for our flight home.:o

We were also on this trip returning to FLL on Thursday July 6. Disembarking was terrible. We were told that only 4 Port Authority Officials were there to work and that was what held everything up. We stood in line at customs for 2 hours. We recommend NOT checking your bags the night before when returning to FLL and taking your bags yourself because you get off the ship first. Otherwise we had a great time. Hope that helps!

dont count on the app working all the time. we tried to use it and it would not work on either of our phones. it would get all the way to the part where it would show the custums people the screen they needed and it would say it was not working. we even had the port people try it. no go. we were not the only people having trouble.

I was getting so frustrated when we got off the Splendor last weekend because I couldn't get it to work. Then I *finally* figured out to turn wifi off because my phone was still picking up the ships wifi. Worked immediately and I was able to use it and escape the long line.

can you give me the exact app.name for the mobile passport i download the first one but someone said the agents scan their app. which i don't see on the one i downloaded. I want to make sure i have the right one.

can you give me the exact app.name for the mobile passport i download the first one but someone said the agents scan their app. which i don't see on the one i downloaded. I want to make sure i have the right one.

On the iTunes App Store it's called Mobile Passport - Officially Authorized by CBP has a blue and white logo with a silhouette of a person and an airplane in the upper right corner.

On the iTunes App Store it's called Mobile Passport - Officially Authorized by CBP has a blue and white logo with a silhouette of a person and an airplane in the upper right corner.

Thanks i downloaded the right one, i will be flying out to Europe from New Jersey next year what is the procedure for using this mobile app. is there a separate line for this do you also need the paper passport ? sorry for all the questions but i like to get first hand info.

We were on the same cruise and I will +1 this. We downloaded while waiting in the customs line. I downloaded, got 4 passports and the questionnaire completed while in the line and we'd barely moved. Left to get in the mobile line and were out in about 20 minutes. Our porter was very happy for this.

I also remember commenting to my wife that there seemed to be too few customs agents that day. It was my first cruise from PEV. Are they always like that?

Thanks i downloaded the right one, i will be flying out to Europe from New Jersey next year what is the procedure for using this mobile app. is there a separate line for this do you also need the paper passport ? sorry for all the questions but i like to get first hand info.

I would seriously consider getting Global Entry. Not only will that expedite your progress through customs but you get TSA Precheck all for $100, it's good for 5 years.