Carnival Vista Review/thoughts - Southern 8 day - July 1st

georgiafan

I have the IMAX info at the house ill post that probably tomorrow morning.

The thrill was like 5.50$ for 3 different rides total of like 22 min. The IMAX was like 12$ or so they had Spider-Man, transformers, minions, and a few more I forget

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The IMAX for the week of 7-1-17 on the Vista for the 1st part of the week was Wonderwoman & the new Transformers. For the 2nd part of the week it was Spider-Man Homecoming & Despicable Me 3. They also showed a documentary called National Parks all week long.

The movies do change during the cruise, so if you see a movie you want to watch, don't wait. We wanted to watch the new Transformers movie but waited too late and they took it off, so we went to watch Spider-Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thrill Theater / Imax

I didn't like the thrill theater as much as the others in my group which was probably due to seat location and me going to universal studios recently. I also don't think my seat was working correctly (last raw, closestto door) as one time I felt nothing and the person beside me screamed. You need to be sitting in the first row or it's not worth doing. They are 3rows and the last 2 you see the people in front of you and its just not as fun/ realistic. The 5.50$ you pay is for all 3 of the videos grouped together so a total of about 22 minutes is a prettygood deal. It was still fun and good price so I would do it again just would make sure I sit in the front row.

The documentaries are also 5.50$ and last about 45 minutes I didn't try one of these would like to next time I am on Vista.

They have a tour of the Imax the first day which talked about the basics which I would recommend as it didn't take long. You can bring any kind of food inthe Imax (not the thrill). You have to buy the popcorn which is bagged as they cant make fresh popcorn at sea. They will fill your coke up if you have BB and they have waiting area outside the theater. Its 12.95$ for adults and 3$ cheaper for kids and seniors. I saw Spiderman it was very neat and I would do it again.

w3.jpg

w2.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

Blue Velvet - Good Not Great

I tried to resist the temptation to pay 2$ for the the blue velvet cake it was just to pretty to pass up. It is located in the Coffee so right in the middle of all the action. It was good and I would get it again, but with so many good options for desserts I would lean toward saving the 2$. They also had carrot cake and some other kind of fancy dessert that looked good. It was good just didn't blow me away or anything

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20361_zps4myvxk5h.jpg

Ice Cream Sandwiches - Save your 2$

I thought I made a wise move for waiting till the last day to get the custom ice cream sandwich cookie which had dropped to 2$.These must have just been cheaper bc the cookies had been out all week because the cookies were hard as bricks. So when you bite them the ice cream just went out and was messy. It turned out to be a waste of 2$. This was located in cherry on top I also didn't get the yogurt they sold since the free ones during lunch was so good.

IMG_3410.jpg

Great review! Since you love country music and the Vista, you should cruise out of Galveston. It's 90% country music/dancing, which is why even though it's our closest port, we prefer NOLA or Miami. LOL :DThe Vista is moving to Galveston in September 2018. :)

Looking forward to more of your review!

Excellent review, enjoying immensely. Will be on Aug 12 sailing and cannot wait to attend the military gathering. So nice of CCL to acknowledge those who gave/give us our freedoms.

Sent from my cell, I hate spellcheck, plz 4 give errors :)

PIttsburghGirlee - see you on the 12th. Don't think we've seen you on the roll call though.

Doug

Aruba / Delphi Watersports

I was looking to do some adventures water sports and after lots of research I went with Delphi Watersports because they had variety and great reviews. It ended up being one of the best excursions I have done just a few issues that keep it from being 5*. I can post all the prices and options if anyone wants me to its located on Hyatt Hotel on Eagle Beach http://delphiwatersports.com/

I took a taxi to get to eagle beach and it was 13$ total for 2 people and then I tipped her a few bucks. It was a short ride so the cost was cheap. On the way back I took the public bus and it was like 2.60$ per person. I saved a few $ taking the public bus, but the problem was it made lots of stops so it took longer to get back.

I was going to do jetpack adventure and changed my mind and went with jetski and parasailing. The jetski itself you get 30 minutes with a price of 55$. The parasailing was 55$ you get 10 minutes in the air and those times was plenty to fill the itch. Eagle Beach was beautiful as well as the hotel around it and the pics I have don't do it justice. The activities themselves was very fun and get 5* If I had to pick I would say Parasailing was my favorite.

The problem was the people at Delphi just wasn't friendly other then when the guy was going over what's wrong on the jet ski before I got on it (incase I wrecked). I don't think they said 5 words to me the whole day and this included the people that hooked me going 400ft in the air.

They carried me on boats to get to where I was going which was fine and extended the excursion. One of the boats you had to jump up I don't know 4 feet high. The other boat during parasailing boats was swapping people to and from that had finished/starting so this was going on in the middle of the water with lots of movements. Like all good people raised in the south when you see this you get up and help the females to make sure they don't fall. The drivers wasn't going to even offer to help which just came across as very rude to me. They also didn't offer to take any pics so I had someone who was also doing it with me take them with her phone. She couldn't get them to send and I ended up not ever getting them so that was a bummer.

On the jetski this was my first time doing it and they didn't offer any tips just pointed at a sign. I am a fast learner so picked up on things quickly, but not everyone is. I ended up getting absolutely soaked and I wear contacts so I was worried they were going to fall out. The goggle's like you snorkel in should have been mandatory with the waves going in so many different directions it was a little overwhelming at first.

Even though we was at Aruba from 1:30 to 10:30 and I only had 45 minutes of excursions booked with the boat rides and other travel I didn't have much time on the beach since I also had to buy souvenirs. The entire ship got back on board at the same exact time right before it got dark so that was a cluster screw. A lot of the shops and places was starting to close around 5.

I still had a blast doing it and would prob rate it 4 out of 5* I just didn't like being treated like cattle. It was a beautiful place and I could easily spend 7 days there.

IMG_7278.jpg

IMG_7273.jpg

IMG_7277.jpg

IMG_7263.jpg

IMG_7293.jpg

I'll be on the the same itinerary on the Vista in 71 days!! Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts!

Thanks I brought my computer home from work so hope to get it finished this weekend

Great review! Since you love country music and the Vista, you should cruise out of Galveston. It's 90% country music/dancing, which is why even though it's our closest port, we prefer NOLA or Miami. LOL :DThe Vista is moving to Galveston in September 2018. :)

Looking forward to more of your review!

I definitely want to go on the vista again and the 6 day cruise is to short for me so I have thought about that one in Galveston. I hope Matt is still the CD at the time it would be hard to go on the ship without him on it. I don't dance, but I do like the country music part.

Georgiafan - Thanks for saving me money. I'll be sure to take your advice next month.

Doug

Your welcome, that's all of the paid things that I did on the ship as I generally stick to the free stuff. I know my family liked the coffee place I believe it was the espresso's.

Nono For Cruise Director

Ryan

I am going to point out the 2 best fun staff workers on the Vista which are the people that host the shows and dance at the events. Ryan does a tour of the ship when you get on and its worth checking out and doesn't take much time. He is a funny guy and mostly host the comedy shows and should work his way up soon. For some reason they was a lot of US staff workers on this ship and he was from Alabama. The funniest line he said when talking about La Romana "I am not even going to lie when you get off your going to think your in the hood.". The guy from Miami with the tattoos was good also, but he was getting off the ship.

IMG_1075.jpg

Nono

I am not even going to lie as a single guy I completely fall in love with her during the week. If she was hosting a tiddlewinks even I was likely to be there lol. She was always smiling, extremely sweet and would stay late to talk to people after she was done hoisting everything you want when your on a cruise. I could watch her dance for hours for reasons I probably don't need to talk about lol. She was on the Vista originally and spent some time at the cooperate office and just recently got back on the ship. I told Matt that she was by far the best person he had working under him and his reply was " I am very aware of this and I am pushing very hard to get her to a Cruise Director". She would be a fantastic CD as she also has the kind of personality that other females like and get along with .

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg