Carnival Vista Review/thoughts - Southern 8 day - July 1st

georgiafan

Thanks for posting your review. I am really enjoying it. I was on the same cruise with you on July 1 and agree 1000% about Matt, he really was fantastic. Of course my wife has a huge crush on him and managed to get multiple photos with him over the course of the 8 days.

There were 2 things I personally did not like.

1 La Romana tour we took, Altos de Charon and riverboat cruise.

Our bus left the port ahead of schedule but on the way to Altos, the tour guide informed us we would only have 30 minutes at that stop, so he rushed us thru there. Once we left there he advised us we would need to wait for the other bus to catch up,to us and asked if we wanted to stop at a cigar factory or go directly to the boat. Most people said cigar factory. We ended up staying there for 30 minutes, then waited another 30 minutes at the boat for the other bus also. So we easily could have spent more time at Altos. I felt this was a scam by the tour operator and I refused to tip them at the end.

2. Maybe it was just to me, but I felt the staff working Guys Burgers was very rude. Had no problems anywhere else.

Otherwise it was a great cruise. Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread!

Is the Lip Sync Battle on more than one day? We enjoy watching it on TV. :)

They had the auditions on the first sea day and after a few rounds narrowed it down to 2 people. The last day they move to the main theater and have a big production show with dancers and music and everything. Also during the week the female and male that won would be on shows and stuff promoting it. Here is a video of my cousin in The first round auditioning

Thanks for posting your review. I am really enjoying it. I was on the same cruise with you on July 1 and agree 1000% about Matt, he really was fantastic. Of course my wife has a huge crush on him and managed to get multiple photos with him over the course of the 8 days.

There were 2 things I personally did not like.

1 La Romana tour we took, Altos de Charon and riverboat cruise.

Our bus left the port ahead of schedule but on the way to Altos, the tour guide informed us we would only have 30 minutes at that stop, so he rushed us thru there. Once we left there he advised us we would need to wait for the other bus to catch up,to us and asked if we wanted to stop at a cigar factory or go directly to the boat. Most people said cigar factory. We ended up staying there for 30 minutes, then waited another 30 minutes at the boat for the other bus also. So we easily could have spent more time at Altos. I felt this was a scam by the tour operator and I refused to tip them at the end.

2. Maybe it was just to me, but I felt the staff working Guys Burgers was very rude. Had no problems anywhere else.

Otherwise it was a great cruise. Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread!

You are not highjacking fell free to post as much as you Would like. Sorry to hear about your bad experience at la romana and I don't blame you for not tipping. When you pay for a excursion and don't get your $ worth it's a really bad feeling

It wasn't just you they definitely make you feel like cows at guys with the way they run you through. I asked for something special once and was handed the wrong thing when it was clear what I asked for. The good news is the line moves fast it's just a little deceiving that they have all the options yet hand you the same exact thing. I love the place and 10 times better then a normal cruise burger just didn't like that part either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Story on Brunch / understaffed

Here is quick story that happened on the 2nd to last day on sea day brunch that my brother saw. It was around 10am and the line to get in was backed up a long way close to the steps. Once he got sit down it was so busy they had to pull people from the lido deck to clean / set tables. This was obvious as the people was still wearing the lido deck clothes. Also the upper management people in the dining room was also helping out doing this. He said the wait staff was working so hard he saw 2 people give tips to the people. Later on that night we asked and 2,000 people had the sea day brunch that day.

I can't think of anything else to specifically cover and its been a few weeks since ive got back. So I'll write a conclusion and be done with it but feel free to ask any questions now and in the future and ill try my best to answer them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Great review so far.

And I agree, Matt is the best CD I have ever sailed with - many are not that memorable, but he certainly is. As most women would agree, hard to mention him without remarking on those gorgeous green eyes :halo:!

I completely agree! Matt was the best. My hubs, myself, my 5 year old son all really enjoyed every interaction with him. Even my one year old daughter would light up and giggle when he'd talk to her.

• 5 months later...

I am bumping my old review up for a few quick reasons

I was going to go back and edit all the pictures after the site I used to host them went away and erased them from my review. Then I realized CC doesn't you edit post so it doesn't look like I'll be doing that. Which is a shame as without the pics this is review is now useless

I spent a lot of time doing research before this cruise and I didn't see any mention of Nono before my review. I recently found out that she has been promoted o Cruise Director and I am very happy for this. I had ran into Matt on the last day and told him that she needed to be CD as she was way to talented to be hosting Bingo and trivia. Its cool to see that he was telling the truth about lobbying for her to get a promotion. Now I just need to wait for her to get a promotion to a bigger ship.

Now on to the good news it was looking like a cruise for me in the spring wasn't going to happen. Things came together the last minute and I have booked the Harmony Of the Seas for April 28th. When I did the previous review it was just something I decided to after I got back. So this time I will also have my own camera to take pics with. I ended up getting the best deal I have ever gotten on a cruise 620$ (counting taxes, per person) for a virtual balcony room.