Which Internet Plan?

navybaby1113

Does anyone know whether I would need the Value or Premium internet package to access the apps for Ring doorbells/cameras and the Nest thermostat? Or I guess whether the internet packages would you allow you to access those at all?

Start with the lowest level, if it doesn't work, you'll only be charged the prorated difference when you change plans.

DH has had to change levels to do some work.

the lowest level will definitely not work, it's a wifi video feed, I have to do work to allow me to take a B2B the highest level is very slow, especially at high use periods. When running "whatsmyspeed" the best I got was 3 Mb

I agree that the Social plan will almost certainly not work. It's very limited. The Premium plan is the only one that mentions accessing "all" websites and apps, including "some" streaming video services. From Carnival:

• Premium ($25 USD per day)* – Promises the fastest possible connection and includes access to all websites and apps, including some streaming video services.

You can try the middle tier Value plan first just to see if you get lucky, but my guess is it'll take the Premium. Even then, there's no guarantee.

I agree that the Social plan will almost certainly not work. It's very limited. The Premium plan is the only one that mentions accessing "all" websites and apps, including "some" streaming video services. From Carnival:

• Premium ($25 USD per day)* – Promises the fastest possible connection and includes access to all websites and apps, including some streaming video services.

You can try the middle tier Value plan first just to see if you get lucky, but my guess is it'll take the Premium. Even then, there's no guarantee.

Do you know the rate for the whole cruise instead of daily - I read you could prepay but not sure how to do that.

Do you know the rate for the whole cruise instead of daily - I read you could prepay but not sure how to do that.

Depends on how many days your cruise is. A 7 day for premium is about $119ish. To prepay or see the price you need to log into your Carnival cruise manager account and from there scroll down some and you'll see internet plans.

Ok, just looked up on my cruise manager, if you pre purchase internet then prices are, social $4.00 a day, value plan $10.25 a day and premium is $14.88 a day. Just times that by how many days your cruise is will be your today

Ok, just looked up on my cruise manager, if you pre purchase internet then prices are, social $4.00 a day, value plan $10.25 a day and premium is $14.88 a day. Just times that by how many days your cruise is will be your today
And to add to Brad's comment, if you pre-pay online, you have to purchase a plan for the entire cruise. Whereas on board, you can purchase one on a daily basis. If you can't find the link in your cruise manager, just log on and go into the FunShops.

I am sailing on the Paradise in September to Cuba. I wanted to buy the internet package to be able to live stream on Facebook when we are sailing into Havana for friends and family to see. Which plan would be best and would I be able to stream on the Lido deck with that plan?

I am sailing on the Paradise in September to Cuba. I wanted to buy the internet package to be able to live stream on Facebook when we are sailing into Havana for friends and family to see. Which plan would be best and would I be able to stream on the Lido deck with that plan?

Streaming is spotty at best. We could get the audio but the video paused numerous times. You will get much better results not at peak usage time, the bandwidth get used up very fast