Impressive captain - and m&g!

shugey

Just want to say, if you've signed up for the M&G, PLEASE go ... just got back from a short 3-day Divina cruise July 8, and the M&G was fantastic! What a difference a year makes - went a year ago on their short cruise, and all MSC did was post in the Daily Log that Cruise Critic was meeting at 5:30 in one of the bars ... no ship's personnel present, no roped-off area, in fact all around us was bar patrons quaffing their brews.

THIS year, MSC went went way above-and-beyond. We had 18-20 CC members there - very good for such a short cruise - and we were overwhelmed by the generosity of the crew. The evet was held in a closed restaurant, the cruise director Andre gave a very speech - he's also a CC member (though he refused to divulge his handle) and said he reads everything posted re: MSC.

Then - the captain! The captain circulated throughout the room, chatting with EVERYONE! I'm used to having a 20-second introduction to him, mumbling "Hello, how are you doing," and then being hustled away.

Not this time. The Captain (Marco Massa) seemed to thoroughly enjoy the give-and-take with guests. He made it a point to stop in front of each person and he engaged in as much conversation as you would like.

Oh - for one of the rare times in my experience, they had real booze at the M&G - that and plenty of pastries, punch etc.

Just a real treat being there!

We also attended the M&G on the Divina in Arpil - it was wonderful - the captain was very visible throughout our week cruise and delightful at the M&G as were all the staff that were there - have signed up for our next M&G on the Divina in September.

I've got to agree. MSC has made a concerted effort to host these meet and greets and make them enjoyable. I've never met a cruise ship captain that was so readily available, outgoing and friendly. I spent a bit of time speaking with Andre and the Hotel Director and they are committed to making MSC a success in North America. I'm looking forward to great things......

~Brian

Just want to say, if you've signed up for the M&G, PLEASE go ... just got back from a short 3-day Divina cruise July 8, and the M&G was fantastic! What a difference a year makes - went a year ago on their short cruise, and all MSC did was post in the Daily Log that Cruise Critic was meeting at 5:30 in one of the bars ... no ship's personnel present, no roped-off area, in fact all around us was bar patrons quaffing their brews.

THIS year, MSC went went way above-and-beyond. We had 18-20 CC members there - very good for such a short cruise - and we were overwhelmed by the generosity of the crew. The evet was held in a closed restaurant, the cruise director Andre gave a very speech - he's also a CC member (though he refused to divulge his handle) and said he reads everything posted re: MSC.

Then - the captain! The captain circulated throughout the room, chatting with EVERYONE! I'm used to having a 20-second introduction to him, mumbling "Hello, how are you doing," and then being hustled away.

Not this time. The Captain (Marco Massa) seemed to thoroughly enjoy the give-and-take with guests. He made it a point to stop in front of each person and he engaged in as much conversation as you would like.

Oh - for one of the rare times in my experience, they had real booze at the M&G - that and plenty of pastries, punch etc.

Just a real treat being there!

My boyfriend and I were also at this M&G and I couldn't agree more. Not only was the captain there, but a lot of other high ranking officers were as well. We met a bunch of amazing CC members too. I couldn't believe the delicious pastries and drinks they served. We simply loved this cruise and we can not wait until Sept for our next cruise with this Wonderful Cruise Line.

2017-07-12%2005.35.21_zpspnok3vmd.jpg

2017-07-12%2006.07.03_zpsdewqigtv.jpg

We were on the Divina in December. We went to the M&G, same friendly staff and Captain. We saw him many times over the course of our 10 days cruise. He was always talking to the guests or walking around the ship with staff. We even caught him at the bar drinking coffee or tea. Great guy!! Hope he comes over to Seaside.

We were on the Divina in December. We went to the M&G, same friendly staff and Captain. We saw him many times over the course of our 10 days cruise. He was always talking to the guests or walking around the ship with staff. We even caught him at the bar drinking coffee or tea. Great guy!! Hope he comes over to Seaside.

I agree that the M&G is a must do on MSC. They staff was so engaged with the passengers. Alas, Captain Massa is staying on The Divina. But the good thing is it will be doing the 10-12 day itineraries so there will be more time to get to know him. 😀

Oh thanks for sharing this upbeat information on the Meet & Greet . We are anxiously awaiting our turn on the July 22nd sailing . Our roll call is at over 60 cruisers, many being new to MSC . So happy to hear about the friendly crew . I can hardly wait !

I rarely ever post something on the Meet & Greet (in fact this might be the first), but I was so impressed by the friendliness of this crew and in particular the joviality of Captain Mark (his name is 'Marco,' but he insisted we call him 'Mark'). MSC seems to really be trying to get a foothold in the American market, and in particular with the Cruise Critic folks! And Andre, if you happen to be reading this - you people are doing a great job!

We'll be going in August. Last time I looked we had 20 people signed up - pretty much everyone on our roll call.

People do look kind of dressed up there though compared to the ones I usually go to on NCL. I guess I'm going to have to dress a bit snazzier and not my usual swim trucks as I usually would run off to the pool after the M&G.