Seeking advice about toward-the-back-of-the-ship rooms, particularly on Princess

rjgdjg

We're mulling over a mini-suite on the Crown Princess that's about 13 rooms from the stern (702) on Deck 9. We've never been that far back and wondered if anyone has experience to share? Specifically, is there vibration/noise/smell this far back in the ship? Thanks in advance! - Musing About Cruising

The mini suites on the Dolphin Deck aft (D7XX cabins) are our favorites on the Grand class ships and the Coral Princess. Vibrations and smells have never been a problem. They are quiet (very few passerbys in the hall), convenient to th rear elevators and access to the promenade deck and the traditional dining room, and the self service laundry is usually located in that area.

If I was planning on booking a mini, I would much prefer a mini on deck 8 (Emerald) because they are covered ..... offering protection against too much sun exposure, and inclement weather, which means I can have more use of the balcony.

I do like being aftward in the 700s .... it's quiet, as there is limited foot traffic, and I think the ride is usually pretty good. Depending on how far back you choose to go, there could be a bit of noise and vibration when the side thrusters are activated. Some people dislike that; I don't mind because it's usually short-lived.

We often book cabins towards the stern of the ship; have not had a problem with noise, vibrations, etc., and they often are a slightly better price than mid-ship cabins. Our next cruise has a cabin in the 700's, chosen on purpose.

If I was planning on booking a mini, I would much prefer a mini on deck 8 (Emerald) because they are covered ..... offering protection against too much sun exposure, and inclement weather, which means I can have more use of the balcony.

You are correct about the minis on Emerald (deck 8); I was confused about the corect deck but those are ones we reserve for the very same reason (covered balconies). It is the covered aft mini suites on the Coral Princess that are on Dolphin deck.

We always try to get a stateroom toward the stern (back end). Just go upstairs and you're at the buffet, close to the aft adults only pool, and also close to one of the other pools.

We have a balcony cabin overlooking the wake reserved on the Crown in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums