Laundry

map92

Per Carnival's website:

Self-Service Launderettes

Each ship has self-service launderettes located on the stateroom decks. There are 2 or 3 washers, 2 or 3 dryers, and 1 iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $3.25 per washer load and $3.25 per dryer load. Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener at $1.50 per box.

• Coin-Operated Machines: On the following ships, the machines accept coins only; change can be obtained at the Guest Service Desk, if needed: Carnival Conquest, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Glory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sensation, Carnivlal Splendor, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor and Carnival Victory.
  • Cashless Machines: On the following ships, the machines are operated using the guest’s Sail & Sign card: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Legend, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit and Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Vista.

Note: Due to local environmental requirements, the washing machines in the guest launderette will be closed in port, per each port specific requirements; the dryers and irons will be available for guest use.

I would tell you on other ships these have been at the very back but looking at the deck plans for the Magic I can't figure out where they are.

One more thing Mid-week they will offer a deal for a whole bag of laundry for $10 or $15 dollar. And yes you can do more then one bag if you want for the same cost. I find this the best way so I don't have to wait around doing laundry or chance someone messing with my stuff (yes this has happened).

Very informative. Didn't know about the cashless machines. Good to know.

A tip on that cashless machine...if you have your s&s card on a lanyard you may need to take the card off of the lanyard for it to go in far enough to work.

Can someone tell me where the self service laundry is on Carnival Magic and does it use coins or S/S?

Thanks!

Here are the locations of the Laundry rooms and the Ironing Rooms are the Magic:

Locations - Launderettes

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375|

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Deck 1 – aft / across from 1423

Deck 6 – midship / across from 6360

Deck 8 – midship / across from 8395

Deck 9 – midship / across from 9403

When did the prices go up? Washing and drying were $3 per load on 5/13/17 and 5/14/17 on the Legend.

I found that the newer ships have been $3.25 since they started sailing while the older ships are $3.