SS Card in Mailbox at Check-In

Ohio Bucki

Yes, we are Platinum cruisers, and also aggravated by the "rules don't apply to me" mentality that we see onboard from time to time (trying to put that nicely).

I had edited my post (looks like after you quoted me) to add that if you are than it's the same.

I think you'll like the new system. It makes embarkation faster and easier.

Diamond and Platinum cards are in the mailbox immediately upon boarding. Captain's Lounge was closed on my Vista cruise. I guess there's no need for it since you do all the checking in before you go through security out front.

The only drawback is now have to go GS to add gift cards to SS card and can't do it a captain's lounge, but I guess you can also try adding a kiosks, but reading some people don't have best luck doing it there.

The only drawback is now have to go GS to add gift cards to SS card and can't do it a captain's lounge, but I guess you can also try adding a kiosks, but reading some people don't have best luck doing it there.

I actually found the kiosks worked for me. I usually had egift cards and entered the numbers manually. This last time I just bought a couple hundred dollars of General Cruise Cash ahead of time and skipped all that together.

If you're cruising out of Texas, you can't use it til' the 2nd day. I think a few other ports might have this rule as well.

So on a 7 day cruise do they just charge you for 6 days for the BP ?

What's "BP"? Bottomless Bubbles is only soda - no restriction. Cheers is alcohol and you get charged for the days you use which would be 6.

Yes, I should of used " Cheers ". Thanks 6 days it will be then. Why does Texas not allow the 1st day ?

Yes, I should of used " Cheers ". Thanks 6 days it will be then. Why does Texas not allow the 1st day ?

No problem. I thought you may have meant Cheers but I wasn't sure. Something to do with the laws. I've never sailed from there so I'm not real familiar with all the details.

It applies to Galveston and NYC. As far as Texas is concerned:

16 TAC 45.103

© Retail licensees and permittees may not: ; (4) sell, serve, or offer to sell or serve an undetermined quantity of alcoholic beverages for a fixed price or "all you can drink" basis; (5) sell, serve, or offer to sell or serve, alcoholic beverages at a reduced price to those consumers paying a fixed "buy in" price.

It applies to Galveston and NYC. As far as Texas is concerned:

16 TAC 45.103

© Retail licensees and permittees may not: ; (4) sell, serve, or offer to sell or serve an undetermined quantity of alcoholic beverages for a fixed price or "all you can drink" basis; (5) sell, serve, or offer to sell or serve, alcoholic beverages at a reduced price to those consumers paying a fixed "buy in" price.

Thank you TxDevil

Sounds like some of the archaic laws we just got rid of in our liquor laws here in BC

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Thank you TxDevil

Sounds like some of the archaic laws we just got rid of in our liquor laws here in BC

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Definitely. There's still a lot of states with blue laws but no cruise ports - and since Texas is somewhat considered the Bible Belt, I'm guessing that's why.

Has anyone heard if any fantasy-class ships will be going to this new system? I liked it when on the Vista. But I don't seem to remember any mailboxes on the fantasy class ships, so wonder if they will implement this change on those ships.

Thank you OP for posting this and to all of those who answered. We're sailing on the Sensation on Saturday and I was a little unclear as to how all of this works - it's the first time for us to use this procedure. It's good to know that we can still get in and drop off carry-ons right away. We're usually in and out pretty quickly - we like to keep out of the stewards' way when they're crazy busy on embarkation day.
You aren't supposed to drop off your stuff unless you have priority status of FTTF. That's why they started this, in part. Bc no matter how much you try to stay out of the way, your stuff is still in the way, and your steward feels compelled to take the time to greet you, etc. All of which slows down room turnover.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk