Back to RCI from NCL after 8yrs, Tips and best of Enchantment

Hey all. Well since our Honeymoon in 2008, we're back to NCL after a long streak on a very much changing NCL. I'm not making this into an NCL or RCI thread other than to say it's good to have two cruises booked with RCI in the next 5 months. Maybe a third in January.

So we will be on Enchantment in September after kids go back to school. Long weekend away for wife and I. Looking for any tips, tricks, or best of Enchantment. I'm a foodie and we both love to get full use out of the Deluxe Beverage Package!

One thing I'm looking forward to is the Solarium. I reminds me of the Haven on NCL Breakaway class, however without spending the thousands. It's said to be adults only, is this usually the case? Thinking in Sept young and old kids should be back in the classroom. We're 40, not at all stuffy or anti kids (we have a couple teens at home) but looking for a nice relaxing weekend.

So best of? Second cruise is on Independence. Any suggestions there appreciated too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Solarium is for age 16 and over, and that is usually enforced, except during inclement weather when they may let children in for a few hours.

Don't miss the bungee trampolines.

Being a foodie I would consider some of the specialty restaurants on both ships , you can take advantage of drink package with some nice wine by the glass in any or the restaurants on board, drink package also gives you a bottle discount if you do not the wines by the glass. We like some of the better wines which cost 15 or 16 a glass so we pay the extra 3 or 4 dollars above the 12 dollar limit that package has ( it is 13 on some ships) . Ice show on Indy and all the larger ships is always great

The Solarium is for age 16 and over, and that is usually enforced, except during inclement weather when they may let children in for a few hours.

Don't miss the bungee trampolines.

Good to hear it's enforced! Hopefully we will have great weather for a few days.

Being a foodie I would consider some of the specialty restaurants on both ships , you can take advantage of drink package with some nice wine by the glass in any or the restaurants on board, drink package also gives you a bottle discount if you do not the wines by the glass. We like some of the better wines which cost 15 or 16 a glass so we pay the extra 3 or 4 dollars above the 12 dollar limit that package has ( it is 13 on some ships) . Ice show on Indy and all the larger ships is always great

The wine option is great for discounts. I believe I read they all you to take a bottle on board as well if I recall? Neither of those options are something we're used to.

We love Enchantment will be going on our 3rd. Raise on her in October. Definitely do Chops at least one night. Also the Viking Crown Lounge is a fantastic place to sneak away pre and post dinner. Was usually very quiet when we were up there and awesome view of the pool deck.

We love Enchantment will be going on our 3rd. Raise on her in October. Definitely do Chops at least one night. Also the Viking Crown Lounge is a fantastic place to sneak away pre and post dinner. Was usually very quiet when we were up there and awesome view of the pool deck.

That's the plan, one night there and yes, we remember from Adventure, the Crown Lounge.

Thanks much