Suite Manager - new position?

As I've said previously: Celebrity decides what promotions and perks they will offer in an attempt to generate business from a target group. Some people just will not accept any program that will challenge their perceived status. You've seen some of that reflected in this thread. Just take advantage of anything you receive and enjoy your cruise.

Couldn't agree more. As a guest of Celebrity, and it's club, they can make changes at any time. It's their club subject to their day to day policies.

Let me be clear I am not an expert on all Blue Chip matters but I am fairly confident that the report of 100 BC members in MC was the result of a fairly rare promotion. Note that I am not challenging the veracity of the poster or the bartender. With the Equinox sailing out of Miami it could be providing the BC with the opportunity to reward BC members with perks such as MC access and other amenities . I also believe that the vast majority of BC members are Americans. I have never experienced a crowding problem in the MC. We sail in 3 days so I will report back here.

You are pretty much correct regarding the 7/16-23/17 sailing of the Equinox. We were on this sailing because of a Blue Chip Club promotion for Sapphire members. The new BCC players program allows Sapphire and Ruby members complimentary access to Michaels club. I was under the impression there were around 45 Sapphire players ( but could be wrong) on this sailing and when you add whomever they were sailing with then it could have easily doubled that number allowed access. We were already in a suite so didn't learn about this perk until embarkation day when Michael's Club was so packed prior to lunch and finding a seat was difficult. We only went back to Michael's Club one other time around 6pm and it was not very busy. I think on other non-promotional sailings the number of Sapphire and Ruby players allowed access will not be as noticeable if at all to other guests.

Just to clarify....I have been sailing Celebrity since it was Chandris so I am not new Zenith......As far as seeing Zeniths in Michaels, I was once on a cruise with 20 Zeniths+spouses and it was impossible to miss them all....Taking away from the overall Michaels club experience. Glad you didn't notice it. Safe sails!

Curious...how did the Zenith passengers take anything away from your Michael's Club experience? And how did you actually know what their loyalty tier was?

I find Michael's Club a comfortable spot to enjoy a cocktail and get together with our friends. I've never felt that some segment of the passengers there negated my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Isn't this anti-Zenith guy the same one who said he spent all his time at the martini bar because he did not like the classical music in Michael's. Sounds like a pompous uncultured boor to me. Zeniths and high end suites were given Michael's before the "sky" suites were given access. But then again cheap suites might not be as cheap as they used to be. They are now paying for access one cruise at a time as opposed to years of actual loyalty by frequent cruisers. I remember the old days when all the elites on board did not fill Michael's but enjoyed everyone's company no matter which cabin they occupied.

In my experience the group dynamics in Michael's Club are different. Several years ago on a Connie TA we had an amazing group of people and many remained until well after 1:00 AM. On other cruises I've found MC hardly used. I suspect that it will be fairly full on the President's Cruise with a number of people who have bee cruising friends for many years. The dynamics are also influenced by the Michael's Club Concierge. Some just stay at the desk while others actively engage the guests.

Oh, my gosh. You must be referring to our favorite cruise experience in Michael's Club. Officers came in to see how much fun we were having one night and the whole crowd singing "Sweet Caroline" on another.

We enjoyed meeting you. Please email me: pbaldwin at tampabay.rr.com

Thanks, Paula

Oh, my gosh. You must be referring to our favorite cruise experience in Michael's Club. Officers came in to see how much fun we were having one night and the whole crowd singing "Sweet Caroline" on another.

We enjoyed meeting you. Please email me: pbaldwin at tampabay.rr.com

Thanks, Paula

Sorry, wasn't on that one, but wish I was. My kind of group. No singing, but terrific conversation and much laughter. See MC can be fun if you get the right mix of people.