Fob or not

Knickearth

My wife will often give me her keycard to carry around for her as she'll often be wearing something that has no pockets. Once they switch to the medallion system, I'll probably still end up having to carry it for her. Depending on how accurate the location service is, Princess are going to think that we must be joined at the hip, or they are going to be concerned as it will appear that my wife only ever goes to the gents bathrooms! ;)

My wife will often give me her keycard to carry around for her as she'll often be wearing something that has no pockets. Once they switch to the medallion system, I'll probably still end up having to carry it for her. Depending on how accurate the location service is, Princess are going to think that we must be joined at the hip, or they are going to be concerned as it will appear that my wife only ever goes to the gents bathrooms! ;)

I will either be carrying my wife's in my pocket or I will be broke buying her wrist bands to match all of her outfits.

We have found on some ships if you are a regular they remember your preference. This is good customer service. If I am on a ship with this new system I will put it secure on a zip pocket in my bag. Last 2 Princess cruises we have had minor problems so will not hesitate to see purser if we have problems on Crown. Elite after this so expect good service or we switch cruise lines without question. Feel lately letting passengers down.

Not sure why you are pestering the Purser with "minor problems". Good luck on you new line, you will be missed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Considering that the leaders of this program were previously the architects at Disney it bodes well for the Carnival roll out.

Maybe, but...

Ever few days there is a thread here about a problem with the princess web site.

"I can't log in, is anyone else having problems", etc.

Very frequently, for a commercial web site.

So, princess might be getting a great design from the former-disney folks.

They still have to implement the medallion back end, and roll it out to

ships; as well as install all the necessary hardware and wiring throughout

the ship(s).

It remains to be seen how adept Princess will be at doing this.

Maybe, but...

Ever few days there is a thread here about a problem with the princess web site.

"I can't log in, is anyone else having problems", etc.

Very frequently, for a commercial web site.

So, princess might be getting a great design from the former-disney folks.

They still have to implement the medallion back end, and roll it out to

ships; as well as install all the necessary hardware and wiring throughout

the ship(s).

It remains to be seen how adept Princess will be at doing this.

I wouldn't try and correlate the web services to this. Different hardware, services and vendors.

However the overall gist of your post I do agree with.

Not just for Princess but any company rolling out a program as sophisticated and complex as this. It is a massive undertaking with the added complexity of being on a mobile platform in a harsh environment.

You can count on bugs and issues in the systems upon the initial roll out. They have been testing, on the ships this tech was deployed on, for months. This isn't the same as when the primary end users (us) start to use it. All the planning and testing in the world can't fully predict how users will interact with the product.

Examples from the early personal computer days: people thought the mouse was a foot pedal (as on a sewing machine) or the CD tray was a cup holder.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app