Alaska cruise on the Solstice, Tracy Arm Fjord excursion

sksummers

The excursion boat will pull up along side the ship out at fiord. Then you will meet back up with the ship back in Juneau port. You will get back on the ship then disembark to Juneau port. We were back to the ship by the time the ship docked in Juneau.

Thanks for the clarification ... I was under the impression the catamaran was going to take us to a dock in Juneau.

• 1 month later...

I'm so excited, we have been to Alaska a few times now but always forget to book this before we get on board and it's sold out. I just looked and we were able to get me a spot on the June 8 sailing!! YEAH!! I will see you all there. I will be by myself as the DH agreed to stay behind with his mom... who probably can't handle that much time on a smaller boat (we also have whale watching booked when we get to Juneau. Can't wait!!!

My mother and I took the Tracy Arm Fjord excursion last year. Great expedition, but with some big caveats. First, the boat ride to/from the Fjord was extremely bumpy, so folks with a problem back should pay special attention. Second, bring rain and cold weather gear, but you are going to do that anyways in Alaska. The third... make sure your camera and camcorder is all charged up.... you are going to get photos of a lifetime!

• 4 weeks later...