"Worst Pizza" of the Seas

Interesting. Our entire family has been just fine with the pizza. We've had it on Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships. It's not brick oven, high end pizza, but does the trick for us and it's all been the same tasting except for our first cruise back in 2012.

Our very first sailing, back in 2012 on the Freedom had the worst pizza so far, but still o.k.(barely). However, they had panini's that were AWESOME! They took a while to prepare, but we fell in love with the variety they offered and ate plenty at Sorrento's to soak up the alcohol at the end of a fun night. Wish all ships had paninis!!!

Dan

I wrote a review after one of our cruises on Oasis. This is a snippet from our Jan 2016 cruise.....

...I do not know what is going on with the pizza on this ship. The pizza in Sorrento’s was bad. The pizza in the Wipeout Café was bad. The pizza in the Windjammer was not bad but that is because there was no pizza in the Windjammer. But if there had been pizza in there I’m sure it would have been bad. And I have never before been on a RCI ship with out pizza in the Windjammer...

I'm not surprised, and I'm coming to the conclusion with the various replies that I just got lucky on Q. Not only that, it was 3 yrs ago and I simply assumed the new Sorrento's set-up was holding true to what I experienced (did you open the link and see the pics? This pizza was excellent). I guess like everything it seems over the last couple of years or so, the penny pinching bean counters threw the pizza under the bus

Had it on Oasis. It was not good. Basically, a cracker with tomato sauce, virtually no cheese. Then, on Allure, much better, but not great. Finally, on Harmony, much better and dare I say, good? Could still be improved upon, though.

It's sucked on every Royal ship I've ever been on. Now Carnival has consistently superior pizza!

this I can agree on, the only thing I loved about my Carnival cruise was that pizza..I made many, many trips for a pizza, even paid for it to be delivered one night.

It's excellent on Quantum & Oasis Class ships where Sorrento's has a dedicated pizza oven and custom prep area

Oh I must disagree. Anthem's pizza in Sorento's tasted like something from the Wal Mart freezer. Had pizza on a Princess ship last year and it was delicious every time.

Royal pizza is terrible. Carnival has excellent pizza. I hope Royal does revamp it like the boss said. I'm a pizza snob originally from NY.

A few years back a pizza place opened in N. California near me called NYPD (New York Pizza Department). I'm a sucker so I checked it out. My comment to the owner when leaving the restaurant was "Have you ever been to NY?". He was not happy... He closed within a year. ;)

• 7 months later...
We just got off the oasis and ate pizza late almost every night. We really enjoyed it and that was without any alcohol.

On the other hand pizza on the Majesty is terrible so we just avoid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the comment I was hoping to see! We tried the pizza a couple of different times/ways on Majesty in case it was just bad luck, but it was truly the weirdest pizza EVER. It's like there was some sort of weird white cheese sauce between the pizza sauce and the shredded cheese or something. We have had Sorrento's on Freedom and at least it was equivalent to a cheap frozen pizza, so it was okay if someone really wanted pizza, but that stuff on Majesty.. I don't know what was going on. We have an Oasis cruise coming up and I was hoping the pizza would at least be back up to par with cheap frozen pizzas since that would be an ENORMOUS improvement over our experience on Majesty.