Drinks package - are they worth it

hi all,

I am travelling on the independence of the seas in October 2017. Is the deluxe drinks package worth it? It says drinks up to $12, are there plenty of cocktails in this price range. Views appreciated.

Many thanks

Louisa

Hi Louisa:

My husband and I found it to be very worthwhile. We actually randomly figured out one or two days just to see if in fact it was worth it, and it definitely was. There was good choices as far as beer, cocktails, etc. Plus I enjoyed the premium coffee drinks everyday too. Enjoy!

hi all,

I am travelling on the independence of the seas in October 2017. Is the deluxe drinks package worth it? It says drinks up to $12, are there plenty of cocktails in this price range. Views appreciated.

Many thanks

Louisa

That really depends on how much you drink. Also, if there is another "adult" in the cabin, they have to get it too. We had it once on Celebrity (free) and we tended to sample drinks to see what they were like. Otherwise, we don't drink enough to warrant it.

When RCCL first came out with the drink package, everyone 21 and over in the cabin had to buy the package even if only one person wanted to buy it. That didn't last long, and eventually only those who wanted it could buy it without worrying about others in the cabin. They are now re-introducing the original package rules on a select few Harmony of the Seas sailings. My guess is to see how it affects package sales and cuts down on package sharing. Your sailing should be fine. Although you may want to buy it now before the rules change though.

You are correct. It's just in trial phase.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Retrial phase for Royal Caribbean. While you are correct, I don't know what Royal is trying to figure out since this use to be standard policy. Are they trying it to see if people will scream less in 2017 than they did in 2015 or 2016 when ever they first did that? This whole thing has struck me as odd.

For me the packages aren't worth it as I don't want to drink that much. I am looking forward to my 2nd cruise on Majesty since the drink packages were often. Sure makes Battle of the Sexes and Quest more interesting.

Oh,, I do not drink as I am breast feeding so only wanted to buy it for my partner. Is this not possible??

There are selected Harmony sailings where the cruise line is requiring both stateroom guests to purchase a package.

Just checked and it is possible for only one of us to get the package. Having said this, is it possible to drink share? Could I use his card to get myself a lemonade for example? I know one card =one drink.

Just checked and it is possible for only one of us to get the package. Having said this, is it possible to drink share? Could I use his card to get myself a lemonade for example? I know one card =one drink.

This is supposed to be against the rules but is technically possible as long as you're not seen doing it.

One other comment, is tea/coffee free in all the bars? My Nan is nearly 90 - and only drinks tea and soft drinks. Contemplating whether a drinks package for her is the best way forward or for her to pay as she goes

Hi All! I was wondering the same thing about drink packages for our upcoming Dec cruise- are they worth it. I don't drink a lot per se so was going to get for my husband and its $364 after taxes so that's about $60 over 6 days on the ship- doesn't seem unreasonable. Its been years since our last cruise and cannot recall any pricing -would things like Jack & Coke's, Frozen Cocktails/margaritas, etc all be covered under this package or have to pay out pocket for some?

Using a drink package for more than one person is not allowed. If they catch you sharing they can cancel the package with no refund.

By the way, lemonade (the US kind) is free, no package needed.

Lemonade, ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), milk and juice at breakfast require NO package or charge...they are included in your fare. You can buy the odd soda when you want, by the can. Unless you are drinking MANY "for charge" drinks per day, a package is NOT worth it.

One other comment, is tea/coffee free in all the bars? My Nan is nearly 90 - and only drinks tea and soft drinks. Contemplating whether a drinks package for her is the best way forward or for her to pay as she goes

Soft drinks you need a package, or they are (I believe) $3.25 individually without a package.

"Regular" teas are free, but "Premium" ones are not. Regular coffee is free, "Premium" is not. For these you would need the "Refreshment" package.

"Worth it" is all in how much you want it. At the soft drink prices, it's cheaper to pay as you go if you drink 1-2 a day. It "pays off" after three per day.

Don't forget port days, you likely won't be on ship and thus using the packages much those days.

Lemonade, ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), milk and juice at breakfast require NO package or charge...they are included in your fare. You can buy the odd soda when you want, by the can. Unless you are drinking MANY "for charge" drinks per day, a package is NOT worth it.

Hiya cb at sea

My nan likes to sit in bars and order cups of tea (through the day) - will these be free? If not do you know approx how much it will cost. She may also have the odd Coca Cola, - I'm thinking it may be best for her to pay as she goes rather than buy the refreshment package??

Hiya cb at sea

My nan likes to sit in bars and order cups of tea (through the day) - will these be free? If not do you know approx how much it will cost. She may also have the odd Coca Cola, - I'm thinking it may be best for her to pay as she goes rather than buy the refreshment package??

Bars do not serve tea. You would have to go to a restaurant or other venue such as Cafe Promenade (varies by ship) for tea.

A can of soda is around $4 now, so you should be able to determine what is cost effective in your situation.

I have no idea where you guys are getting your drink packages.

For my cruise its $8.95 for soda, $22.95 for Juices/Coffee/Tea/Etc and $54.99 for Deluxe.

This is Brilliance of the Seas 12 day cruise.

I want to be on your cruises.

Possible? Yes. Against the agreement you enter with RC when buying the package? Also, yes. This is the reason they are again testing requiring all people in cabin to buy the drink package. Do you want to be part of the problem?

I have no idea where you guys are getting your drink packages.

For my cruise its $8.95 for soda, $22.95 for Juices/Coffee/Tea/Etc and $54.99 for Deluxe.

This is Brilliance of the Seas 12 day cruise.

I want to be on your cruises.

Most prices people were quoting were for individual drinks, and not for the packages.

The only package price quoted was someone saying ~$60/day for the ultimate package.