No cabin number, why?

CCFC

I'm off to Malta to get on Oceana next Thursday (3rd August) and I am still missing a cabin number and I'm trying to work out why. The cruise is sold out, I booked a bit late as in 3 months ago on a saver fare, everyone else on forums, shipmate and roll calls all have their cabin numbers. In 24 cruises this is a first and I'm apprehensive and excited at the same time.

Its a fly cruise with bonded luggage so the cases should turn up in the room but the tags wont have a cabin number on them. The travel agent had to send me blank luggage tags as I cant print them from the cruise personaliser.

Cant quite fathom out why they are holding back, anyone else ever been in this situation?

Probably you are on a guarantee grade booking GTY. They sometimes allocate cabin numbers very late a day before sailing for example. If this happens ink it onto a blank. If you are unadvised prior to boarding write GTY on the labels when you get onboard they will have all suitcases which do not have a cabin number on the label in a special place and when you tell them your luggage has not arrived at your cabin they will find it. Very rarely does it come to this worst case scenario. Hopefully you are being upgraded a few times and that's why they cannot yet advise the cabin number.

Regards John

Have you filled in all your details on the cruise personaliser ?

I ask because I recently travelled on a saver fare guarantee and thought I had entered all my details but realised I had missed off insurance details.

As soon as I entered them got cabin allocated next day.

Just a thought.