E-Gift cards on board

sarmat1

Silly question, but just looking for data points:

Can I use an e-card on board (i.e. apply at either guest services or kiosk)? I have applied physical gift cards while on board before without issue, so I'm guessing that this would be no different, but I wanted to see if anyone has actually done this?

I'm "old school", so I'm used to physical cards, I had no issue using e-gift cards online, but I'm fully paid and now want to use them to add to S&S when I go onboard in a few weeks.

No problem, right? :)

Thanks for asking this OP. I was considering buying an E-card just now. Last week, I called Carnival to ask how to apply a gift card before I leave, but the customer service person said I can't.
Right, you can't apply them to an S&S before you leave. It has to be done on board.

I couldn't get the kiosk to take them last month on the Liberty, but no problem when I took them to Guest Services.
Some have reported being able to do it from a kiosk on certain ships, others weren't able to. Seems like some of the kiosks have that function enabled and some don't.

I have one warning when having Guest Services apply your gift cards to your S&S account...make sure to check the receipt before you walk away, verifying that they applied the gift card to your cabin. I had an experience where we had two $100 gift cards...they applied one correctly and the other was applied to someone else's cabin. I realized this the next day as I checked our S&S account and only saw one $100 gift card applied. I went to Guest Services to inquire about that and they said I had to show them the receipts to prove that I had two $100 gift cards. Thank goodness I had placed the receipts in our safe. After showing them the receipts, it was apparent that they had transposed our cabin number on one of the transactions, giving our money to someone else. It took them several days to fix this problem, but they got it fixed none the less! So, moral of the story, always check your receipt to make sure it shows the correct amount and the correct cabin number (and keep your receipts)!