Shore Excursion Discounts?

Alec2435

Hi so I'm new to sailing with Celebrity and was curious if there are ever on board promotions on shore excursions. Is the online price the cheapest I'll see or do they ever have onboard offers for excursions not selling well? We're pretty flexible about doing any excursion and have a ton of OBC from the recent promotions so we wouldn't mind doing any of the ship's ones.

I've never seen any discounted shore excursions before. In fact, the opposite. I've sometimes seen prices higher on board than the price that i printed from online a couple months before. Now the system allows you to use your on board credits from Celebrity to buy shore excursions in advance. So probably best to do that in case the price goes up when you get on board.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

X had a "sale" a couple of months ago claiming discounts of "up to 20%". Of course all of the excursions we would have been interested in were either not on sale or were discounted very little.

That said, I did see that X adjusted the exchange rate for Canadian dollars (and probably other currencies as well) so if you're not from the US, now would be a good time to check. Worst case if prices do drop further you can always cancel and rebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The prices you see will remain. As mentioned, SOME excursions on SOME ships on SOME itineraries will very rarely go on sale for a few dollars. If there are excursions, you really want to do, you can book now using your obc online. Some "special" excursions have limited space, so for sure those will sell out. Basic city tours rarely fill to the max. They just add a bus or van.

Generally they are about 10% more on board. Previously we've waited to book until we board and if there's anything we wanted we went to the excursion desk immediately upon boarding and used our OBC. Since the change allowing use of OBC prior to boarding (Celebrity issued OBC only, not TA issues OBC) we took advantage of a recent up to 20% off sale. We found out that the excursions for our cruise that were on sale were only 5% off and with the 2 different excursions we booked we were able to save a total of a whopping $6.

We are book ed on the Nov 17th cruise on the Reflection. All of the shore excursions just went up 20-30%. The beverage package upgrade went up from an additional $11 to over $14/day. I know the drink package upgrade is still a bog savings, but I received no notice that the prices were going to go up this much.

Any thoughts?

We were able to purchase two excursions prior to our cruise on Equinox, in April, at a real discount of 20% when celebrity ran a weekend sale. It was not advertised and I did not receive any notification from Celebrity. I discovered it when I logged into my cruise planner and a banner ad announced the sale which lasted from a Friday to Sunday evening. I compared the prices to going direct with the vendors and the prices were 20% lower. I saved about $50 on the two excursions so it worked well for me.

My advice would be to log in to your cruise planner regularly beginning 30-45 days prior to your sail date. I believe Celebrity has repeated this sale at least once or twice since March/April sailings.

Now that you can use OBC to pay for excursions and other purchases (specialty dining packages, internet, beverage package and upgrades, it makes great sense to me to look for the "deals" and use your OBC when you find them.