Video on Demand

TucsonRick

Does anyone know if the Star has video on demand?

Rick

No & I sailed on the Star in January.

I'm only aware of it being available on the Royal, Regal & Sapphire. It's probably also on the Majestic & if I recall correctly on the Diamond.

No & I sailed on the Star in January.

I'm only aware of it being available on the Royal, Regal & Sapphire. It's probably also on the Majestic & if I recall correctly on the Diamond.

I believe you are correct that the video on demand is only available on the Sapphire and the Royal class ships; Royal, Regal, and Majestic.

I wonder if the technology required for the Medallions might also drive on demand implementation on other ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess was going to retrofit the older ships (older than the Royal) 2-3 years ago but didn't. The Sapphire, Diamond, and, I believe, the Sea Princess are the only ones that have been retrofitted. I was on the Sapphire while it was being retrofitted and it was a mess. My TV didn't work the whole cruise and I had technicians coming and going in my cabin several times.

Maybe with the Medallion being implemented and the technology on the ships updated with on-demand but I'm not going to hold my breath.

We had the pleasure of experiencing interactive TV on the Nieuw Amsterdam last month. It was great being able to bring stuff up on demand. Our next cruise is on the Grand and they only have those old TV's that barely work at all.:(

I doubt if they will refit all the ships.