Question about Ship's Internet Plans

gadaboutgal

Can someone explain the Surfer Cruise Plus internet plan? I tried asking directly with the rep at MSC and came away more confused than before. I would like to have access to the internet to check my email and surf on my usual websites, which include the likes of YouTube; however, I do not need to watch movies. Does the Surfer Cruise Plus accommodate my needs?

Can someone explain the Surfer Cruise Plus internet plan? I tried asking directly with the rep at MSC and came away more confused than before. I would like to have access to the internet to check my email and surf on my usual websites, which include the likes of YouTube; however, I do not need to watch movies. Does the Surfer Cruise Plus accommodate my needs?

On my one cruise with MSC (last month on Meravigilia), we can surf the internet and check emails. However, it does not play videos of any kind.

My daughters had the surfer plan last week while on Divina and were able To access the web (not sure of YouTube). They ran out of data towards the end of the cruise and continued on the daily plan after that. You will always have the option of upgrading the plan so if you find out the surfer is not sufficient then you can upgrade while on board. Have a good cruise!

I'm curious, what did they say that had you more confused than before? I can't say with 100% certainty that the answer to your question is No, you cannot watch Youtube, but I do know Youtube hosts audio and videos, and the Surfer Cruise Plus says "No Audio and Video" so it sure sounds like the answer is No.... They couldn't/didn't give you a yes or no answer on that?

Thank you for your info. Knowing now that I can upgrade on the ship, for now I'll just sign up for Surfer.:)

[emoji1303] I asked my 17-year-old and she couldn't really remember if she watched YouTube because she "doesn't really watch YouTube" but she did send video messaging with Snapchat and whatever else they use LOL but you can definitely upgrade on board, in fact they will remind you every time you logon [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums