What is your anti-motion /sea sickness method or medication of choice ?

braz88

My preventive remedy is to keep my tummy full.

What does a cruise line do for guests embarking on a cruise? They have FOOD available! There must be another reason for such other than their guests might be hungry.

I'm blessed without seasickness issues. So far. But, the suggestions of fresh air and being on open decks is a good idea. Don't watch the pitch or roll of the ship if one feels queasy. And, of course, save that glass of Canadian Club, or whatever, for another day.

Obviously won’t work for the whole cruise, but getting into the pool stopped my motion sickness. Your brain and body expect to be moving about in water.

That’s fascinating.

I’ve been on only one cruise long ago and didn’t have any problems, but the seas were so calm I barely felt like we were moving. I’m reading this thread with interest before our cruise next month, since I doubt we’ll be that lucky again. I’m bringing ginger and sea bands (though I find them pretty uncomfortable) just in case. And now I’ll be sure to bring a swimsuit, too!

I am impressed with those of you who suffer from seasickness but continue to be avid cruisers. That speaks to the powerful draw of cruising!

Ok so I read through all the responses and maybe I'm the only one who is doing this but I can tell you that sour candy works for me 100%. Sour punch, sour straws anything super sour.

I suffer from motion sickness in the car (when I'm in the passenger seat and try to look at my phone too much, or if I turn around to talk to people in the backseat). I always have sour chewy candy in my glove compartment. Jolly Ranchers work too (the hard candy)...they are not as sour but still sour enough.

I do the same when I get on the plane. I'm always fine until we land....and this depends a lot on the weather and how fast or slowly the plane is landing. I chew my sour candy and I'm fine.

On the last cruise I got a little motion sickness but it wasn't too bad. Again, I was prepared.

I also get motion sickness when I snorkel.

Please don't listen to people who say to stay on land or just sit under a palm tree. Just come prepared. Try different things...as you can see different things work for different people.

Good luck :-)

My bottle is called MotionEase. Purchased at Walmart for about $7.50 a bottle. Very small.

Liked the wrist bands as well. In a pinch, you can use a nickel and a rubberband.

I tried MotionEase, but found it gave me a terrible taste at the back of my mouth/throat, so went back to Bonine (meclizine) which works well for me.

Smooth Sailing! [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I tried MotionEase, but found it gave me a terrible taste at the back of my mouth/throat, so went back to Bonine (meclizine) which works well for me.

Smooth Sailing! [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MotionEase is not to be consumed. You run behind your ear lobes.

We have a pharmacist in Waterloo Ont. who has prepared enough capsules of Meclizine in capsule form for our upcoming cruise.

Hi neighbour, we’re from kitchener.

Our pharmacist at shoppers drug Mart was able to place a mass order for bonine. Until now I’ve always stocked up when we’re over the border.

In response to the original question. I am also very prone to motion sickness and after trying everything I’m now loyal to Bonine ( meclazine).

I’ve only tried the patch twice but both times I experienced nausea and vertigo like symptoms after returning home from the cruise.

Dramamine (gravol) works well but makes me sleepy. It’s not recommended to combine the medications but I often take Bonine during the day and then Dramamine at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MotionEase is not to be consumed. You run behind your ear lobes.

I know that, silly !!! Your post just made me laugh, thinking about putting those little drops in my mouth. I put the MotionEase behind my ear lobes and it gave me a terrible taste in the back of my throat. The taste was the very same as the smell of the drops. (still chuckling).

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I know that, silly !!! Your post just made me laugh, thinking about putting those little drops in my mouth. I put the MotionEase behind my ear lobes and it gave me a terrible taste in the back of my throat. The taste was the very same as the smell of the drops. (still chuckling).

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Now I understand!!!!!!