November Cruising on the Epic

janniebabe

Will be cruising with a large family group including several children after Thanksgiving in 2018. Was wondering if they have holiday decorations up at that time or acknowledge the season in any way. Just want to make sure the kiddies have fun :)

I sailed the week after Thanksgiving on the Epic in 2014 and on the Escape in 2016. In both cases, the crew was decorating the ship as we were debarking the ship in Miami, so no decoration were up during our cruises.

On an additional note, I was also on the Epic 12/31/11-1/7/12...they were taking down the decorations as we were debarking the ship in Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sailed the week after Thanksgiving on the Epic in 2014 and on the Escape in 2016. In both cases, the crew was decorating the ship as we were debarking the ship in Miami, so no decoration were up during our cruises.

On an additional note, I was also on the Epic 12/31/11-1/7/12...they were taking down the decorations as we were debarking the ship in Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Will be cruising with a large family group including several children after Thanksgiving in 2018. Was wondering if they have holiday decorations up at that time or acknowledge the season in any way. Just want to make sure the kiddies have fun :)

Yes. There will be thanksgiving decorations on the ship. We also decorate our room. You don't need fancy (and expensive) party city stuff, a few bucks at your local dollar store goes a long way to make your stateroom festive.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Breakaway last year, it looked like everything was up the day after Thanksgiving. It's probably the same, but we'll be on Epic this year the week after Thanksgiving, I'll try to remember to post if they're up or not.

On the Breakaway last year, it looked like everything was up the day after Thanksgiving. It's probably the same, but we'll be on Epic this year the week after Thanksgiving, I'll try to remember to post if they're up or not.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...
I was on the Epic Thanksgiving trip last week. They had a few Thanksgiving decorations around the ship. It was a good effort to make us American's feel festive.

I also was just on the Epic's Thanksgiving cruise 2 weeks ago. I also thought they did a fairly nice job decorating the Atrium and dining rooms. And they did a very nice job with the Traditional Thanksgiving Roasted Turkey Dinner in the Manhattan MDR. They were only up on Thanksgiving...gone the next day.

Here's a few photos:

IMG_20171123_085048198-L.jpg

IMG_20171123_114345-L.jpg

IMG_20171123_174611154-L.jpg