Oahu post excursion then onto airport...

hondo1717

Hello my Cruise Critic friends. We are looking for some information... Does anyone know if there is an excursion company that can provide an excursion in Oahu on Disembarkation day. We have a 2:30 PM flight and would love to do an excursion prior to flying back home. I noticed that NCL has just a few, but only for those that fly much later than our 2:30 flight time. If not, any advise would be appreciated.

Mahalo in advance.:D

You could hire a taxi and take the long way to the airport via - Diamondhead - Ali Wai Canal - Waikiki Beach -

Punch Bowl - Round Top & Tantulus - or another option Pearl Harbor Arizona Missouri this one being crowded

and time intensive.

4 hour car rental is a waste of time and a hassle.

At just about every touristy gathering spot there are kiosks with coupon books and travel offers - grab a few

when you are waiting for your checked baggage upon arrival in the islands and see if one will fit your short

schedule from disembarking to check-in for your flight.

Presume that you are arriving a day early - look in the hotel lobby for these coupon booklets !

Also think about what you are going to do with your airline checked baggage ???

Honestly you really don't have much time to do anything. Check with Roberts Tours to see if they have anything. Another option is to find a private driver who can give you a short tour of Honolulu.

I agree with hiring a driver to do a tour. We are visiting Honolulu in October and taking a 2:30 flight to Hilo. We are going to have him pick us and our luggage up at the hotel that morning and bring us to Pearl Harbor and then drop us off at the airport. We are using him earlier in the week all day to tour the whole island.

We hired a private driver post cruise to go around Oahu and stop at places we didn't get a chance to see before we boarded PoA; got us to the airport around 12:30 for our 3pm flight. If I could go back in time, I would have done this before the cruise, because it felt a little rushed (and the airport was chaotic that afternoon with 45 minute line just to get into the airport, not sure if that's common).

I agree with hiring a driver to do a tour. We are visiting Honolulu in October and taking a 2:30 flight to Hilo. We are going to have him pick us and our luggage up at the hotel that morning and bring us to Pearl Harbor and then drop us off at the airport. We are using him earlier in the week all day to tour the whole island.

One thing to remember if you miss your flight to Hilo, its no big deal there is another one in an hour or so, plus you do not have to clear agricultural inspection. Missing a flight to the mainland is a real pain because the next may not be for another 24 hours and may be packed.

We hired a private driver post cruise to go around Oahu and stop at places we didn't get a chance to see before we boarded PoA; got us to the airport around 12:30 for our 3pm flight. If I could go back in time, I would have done this before the cruise, because it felt a little rushed (and the airport was chaotic that afternoon with 45 minute line just to get into the airport, not sure if that's common).

Lines like that are typical for getting to the mainland or international.