RCL Stock

Orator

I'm sitting here laughing about this discussion.. Don't own any RCCL stock but do have 100 shares of CCL stock which I bought in March of 2009 at $18.24 a share..

We've been cruising mainly on HAL, so I bought it strictly for the OBC benefit..:eek: According to some of you, that was the wrong reason to purchase it..

Since spending the initial $1824 for the stock we've received $1850 in OBC on HAL & $590 in dividends plus still have the 100 shares which today is worth $6781.. :') Now I just re-invest the dividends.. HAL only turned us down for the OBC once, but I knew that would be because we were booked on an interline rate instead of the normal full fare rate which we usually pay..

IMO that was a pretty good investment, so I've decided not to sell it just yet..:cool: LOL

Edited by serendipity1499

I'm sitting here laughing about this discussion.. Don't own any RCCL stock but do have 100 shares of CCL stock which I bought in March of 2009 at $18.24 a share..

Since spending the initial $1824 for the stock we've received $1850 in OBC on HAL & $590 in dividends plus still have the 100 shares which today is worth $6781.. :') Now I just re-invest the dividends.. HAL only turned us down for the OBC once, but I knew that would be because we were booked on an interline rate instead of the normal full fare rate which we usually pay..

IMO that was a pretty good investment, so I've decided not to sell it just yet..:cool: LOL

For your information, if you had taken a dart and thrown it at the financial section in March, 2009, you would have done well. RCCL was selling at $8 a share on that date. Now it is nearly $120 a share which represents nearly 15 times your initial investment and you would be receiving a 24% dividend this year. So RCCL was a better investment.

Some "investors" had bought shares in an airline to get discounts on flights. They may have gotten discounts for the first few years. Now that airline is no longer in business. So you must first consider the long term prospects.