Anyone out there that has taken the "Grandview Transfer Train" from Seward to Anc.

fedexretiree

I have posted this on the Alaska board as well and haven't gotten an answer.

We are thinking about booking the train transfer that **Celebrity** does from Seward to Anchorage that's called the "Grandview Transfer Train" that leaves at 6:45 AM and goes directly to the airport.

I have gotten such conflicting information on this. Celebrity says that the train cars on the "Grandview transfer " from Seward to Anchorage are NOT the dome, glass ceiling and the people that operate the tour assured me that they are the dome, glass ceiling.

Is there anyone out there that has taken this trip that can verify this?

Also anyone that may have taken the Grandview transfer train from Anchorage to Seward because I would assume that it is the same train.

Please help

I posted this on another thread as well. What happened is there is no passenger train on the line you are talking about. Its a freight train, but Celebrity created a car which is hooked to the end. Its ONLY Celebrity passengers, and it does have lots of glass, so no problem with visibility. I wouldn't call it a glass dome more like a glass ceiling.