Have you had Proof that it really is a "small world" after all?

Years ago my wife and I were sitting by the pool at a hotel in Jamaica. We met a guy from Ohio who was president of Dayton Tire Company. When he found out we were from Atlanta he said he had a business contact in there. He told us his contact's name and it was my wife's dad. Since then we have met people on ships we've worked with or lived next door to 55,35 and 5 years ago. We just moved to a condo in Daytona and across the hall is a guy we worked with 32 years ago back in Atlanta. There are three typed pages of other coincidences that I've accumulated. Sometimes it gets really scary.

• 3 months later...

This wasn't on a cruise so don't know if it counts but a few years ago we were staying at the Palomar in Chicago and started up a conversation with a young couple at the cocktail reception who had gotten married earlier in the day. We talked for nearly two hours.

We were in town for a Dave Matthews Band concert that night. Left to go to the show. Right before it began, here comes the young couple - Their seats were right next to ours!

In 2008, while on a private excursion in Cartagena, Colombia, we were taken to a small local restaurant for lunch. When we walked in, I noticed 2 license plates from Ohio on the wall. I asked the host/owner about them - he said that he had been a foreign exchange student for several years at a high school that is very near me and that many of my friends had attended! He took the license plates from his American car back to Colombia with him and proudly displayed them in his restaurant. He said I was the first foreigner to ever ask about them and he was so excited to meet someone from the area where he had lived. He also had many questions about how our town was doing now. :D

Edited by Go-Bucks!

After I graduated from HS, I spent a month in Mexico City with the family of our previous exchange student. One day, her sister’s ‘club’ (something like Girl Scouts) we’re visiting a plantation way out in the countryside. Someone mentioned that there was another American there, and took me to be introduced. He was about 12 and busy playing tennis and could not have cared less to meet a 17 y/o girl. I told him I was from near Niagara Falls (everyone know NF!), and he said ‘me too’. I said ‘well, actually outside of Buffalo. He responded ‘me, too’. I said Orchard Park, he said ‘me too’. Turns out he lived about 3 streets away from me! He went back to playing tennis, seemingly unfazed. I was stunned!! I have told the story many times. I wonder if he ever thought ‘what a small world it is’?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have two.

First one. My parents grew up in Kentucky; mom on a little road called "Brushy Creek Road." That road had Brushy Creek running down it, and maybe a couple dozen people living there. In adult life, I moved from the Midwest to California and was talking to some man at a party. He asked me where I was from, and I told him I was from Indiana but my parents were from Kentucky. He said his parents were from Kentucky too. I asked him where they were from, and he said, "Oh, a little place you never heard of: Brushy Creek." !!

Is that near Fort KNoxx My DH was sttationed there and I treavele d wittrh him in the early years of our marrriage. That sounds very familiar to me. :) But it was a long time ago. :)

Second one. Hubby and I flew from California to Indianapolis to visit my family near there. We were waiting for our luggage at the carousel when I heard him say, "Dakota! What are you doing here?" It was the little girl who lived across the street from us - and her parents.