Fascination Captain's Night???

frayedend

Someone on a roll call I'm part of is asking if we have a Captain's night on the Fascination. I know we have 2 elegant nights. I don't recall from my past cruises much about Captain's night. Is it one of the elegant nights? Anyone know where the Captain would be for pictures? I know years ago they had this with a free cocktail hour but I think that's been done away with long ago.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the Captain's night cocktail parties went goodbye the way of the extravagant midnight buffets complete with the wide array of ice sculptures and the Dodo bird. Now, Captain's night is a parade of the Captain and his officers strolling down the Promenade deck saying hello to passengers who get a small discount on drinks.

Unfortunately, the Captain's night cocktail parties went goodbye the way of the extravagant midnight buffets complete with the wide array of ice sculptures and the Dodo bird. Now, Captain's night is a parade of the Captain and his officers strolling down the Promenade deck saying hello to passengers who get a small discount on drinks.

Does he stop for pictures with people and is it on a specific night?

Technically it's what some of the CDs Cal the first Elegant Evwning.

My most recent experiences on Carnival the "Captain's Night" solely consists of the Captain and head Officers being part of a reception line in, near the atrium bar. No photographers, but they will let you do a quick selfie or click off a couple of digital photos if your own. And the atrium bar will discount most cocktails and martinis by $1, but not all so ask before ordering.

When the reception line is will depend on the Captain. Some do 2x 1 hour ones just before each sit down dinner, others run a 2-2.5 hour continuous one starting about 15 minutes before the early show ends to around 15 minutes into the late main theater show. So check your FunTimes.

With the HUB edition you can see the activities for the entire cruise.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

I don't recall which of the two formal nights it was for sure on Fascination (but I think the second). However, the captain and some staff were in the atrium for 30-45 minutes, and they have photographers setup taking pictures with the captain.

Of the cruises I've been on in the last 3 years, Fascination had the most "formal" program with an actual opportunity to meet the captain, talk to him for a minute, and get a good photo.