Celebrity Website Favorite Message

thephillykid

Tried filling out the passenger information yesterday.

They want "city" passport was issued in. There's no city shown on our passports. Just "Dept of State".

I typed in Dept of State, no workie. Typed in United States, no workie.

After 3 tries, it locked me out for 20 min.

Anyone had this problem?

Fortunately we aren't going until Nov. so guess I'll wait and hope things get better.

I had to laugh at that too. I just wound up entering Washington, DC. After all, that's where the Department of State is located. They accepted that.

I also love that after 30 Celebrity cruises, I still have to enter my address when completing checkin. When I did checkin for my 2nd NCL, Princess, & RCCL cruises, all of my information was saved from the first time. Celebrity can't even remember my gender! I would be comical if it weren't so sad.

It has been an aggravation for me for months. I can get about 5 minutes of time doing anything in my reservation before it kicks me out and I get the locked out for 20 minutes message. I'm trying to review shore excursions right now and since I can't get through it in my rez I tried to go to the general shore excursion section and cannot get it to display excursions by port for the Caribbean. I haven't even tried to check in yet. We don't sail until January so I figure I'll just wait a bit and see if they fix these bugs. It's really unacceptable that a major company like this has had website issues going on this long though.

You said it. Going to their site should NOT be a painful experience, but it is. This is not modern luxury.

However, I have had good customer service when calling Celebrity to help me book excursions, etc. I'm glad I booked through the cruise line instead of an outside travel agent, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to work with them as easily.

I do not remember if I had to wait on hold for long. I'll pay better attention to that next time.

I wonder how many potential first-time customers they may have lost. If I were new, I would say "Forget it!" and shop elsewhere.

Edited by TravelKnitter