Celebrity Website Favorite Message

thephillykid

Just sent Celebrity an email.....I have 2 future cruises booked.....Equinox in March 2018 & Edge in March 2019......Lots of OBC for both.....Intended to spend some on shore excursions.....Website does not allow me to "explore" potential excursions in Cruise Planner....In fact, the website does NOT "recognize" my 2 reservations.....I have no intention of spending hours???? on the phone w/ a Celebrity rep to book my shore excursions....I will be booking my shore excursions with a third party & spend my OBC on something else.....Did the employees working in Celebrity's IT Dept. all graduate from Trump University?:D

Just sent Celebrity an email.....I have 2 future cruises booked.....Equinox in March 2018 & Edge in March 2019......Lots of OBC for both.....Intended to spend some on shore excursions.....Website does not allow me to "explore" potential excursions in Cruise Planner....In fact, the website does NOT "recognize" my 2 reservations.....I have no intention of spending hours???? on the phone w/ a Celebrity rep to book my shore excursions....I will be booking my shore excursions with a third party & spend my OBC on something else.....Did the employees working in Celebrity's IT Dept. all graduate from Trump University?:D

Actually, someone mentioned they worked on the US Heathcare website.......more like "No Clue U". They sure have muffed this one up!

Wonder if LLP can void the contract and fight for damages. That's what they did when the engines did not work correctly.

One important fact about contracts for software development. The contracting company is rarely under a fixed price contract, but is instead paid for time spent on the project.

The more bugs they introduce due to incompetency of the people working on the project, the more hours they can be paid to resolve those problems.

There is no financial incentive to do it right the first time.

And if it is a fixed price contract, then it is a fixed price for a fixed set of specifications. If one change is made to the specifications (and every project has changes), then all the final pricing will no longer be that original fixed price.

Accenture created this mess.

Could be. Maybe the company that screwed up healthcare.gov will step in and clean this one up! Turn about is fair play.

To be fair, we don't know if Accenture is to blame on this one; they could be establishing the strategy and Celebrity contracting out the web development, or they could be relying on a subcontractor.

Here's the crazy thing that has happened since I started this post.

I was able to do online check in through my apple iPhone up to the point of setting up my expense account for onboard spending. It kicks me out after that point. I guess they have it set that mobile devices can't enter money stuff. Again.......WOW

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's the crazy thing that has happened since I started this post.

I was able to do online check in through my apple iPhone up to the point of setting up my expense account for onboard spending. It kicks me out after that point. I guess they have it set that mobile devices can't enter money stuff. Again.......WOW

For my upcoming cruise in October, I chose the cash option. I will update to credit card at the PIER. Their website is so wacky I decided I didn't want my cc information on their site.

For my upcoming cruise in October, I chose the cash option. I will update to credit card at the PIER. Their website is so wacky I decided I didn't want my cc information on their site.

I had my card compromised, it was the one I had listed with my online check in on my first X Cruise. I decided to change my card at check-in. Two to three days into the cruise I noticed some strange charges on the original card . I went directly to guest services to see if those were celebrity charges.

Long story short, they weren't. I had to cancel the card, and request a new one. Dispute the two charges etc. I was thankful that I caught in time prior to my 7 sea days. (TA).

Was it X's fault, I don't know but I now choose cash account option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beware, I checked-in successfully and printed my express pass in June. I went in last week to print my edocuments and saw that my check-in was now showing 10% complete. I went in and half my information including our passport info was missing. After 2 try's I was able to re-enter the missing data. I don't know if the original printed express pass would have been ok but, I am glad I checked just in case.

The current website is a disgrace. I would expect first year IT students to do a better job at coming up with something usable. And no it isn't fixed, I can't manage my reservations, many links are broken. hell it doesn't even given you a login option from the home page, you have to drill into the site before one is presented somewhere then it is luck whether it works or not.

hell it doesn't even given you a login option from the home page, you have to drill into the site before one is presented somewhere then it is luck whether it works or not.

You aren't getting the "Sign up/Log in" link at the top right?

NKnyyOuBNH7Rn7qwWQGhUFF77uRQ_IUgxDOEgbg00-01BrAU9v2P9T7HTy24XMshKRGp7KBLD-KeQ9AtxyVpfBTny_Q7TqfgrtNfO19Xr1cLbkj8sR16A50hiE6g-f6o2WcabstSf41EVLmXm2kyHc5COtJq2rB9YHhJ8Gsjh8EQ0EBeFxAgSXglICh6TpAyCSJ0Szhp28iEJNWnUhfhkPDF7mXdT52qgCKBXgLhNYINOu5aQJz0N75V8p9FMvYV9wIpDgteT1JOZi7ZiDazhwLEoHovU4UWkIxm6rG9wlADo7dha2ln6TBNrXvnu52xh6GnWr_ECHhjRPCmuxHBMhmARSQF9t4PMXnyKzydbZyqMdA3iWPytzO8qOB2tvyvTnoPzmvL1iwzBasrovPTciDy1aTWfDBkdAVaIRnVyoetYDhKB5EWLL9PU4D4g0WmNRG0QM0yZrexnRLBWcftf4CU-T6Pb1l41hfYygPNOrp2y7sHKqBQ4eoSB6ihtswx1PtVzPdwRpoJ23MSPi-j0UJCIE2J0jpsC-SeLAdKpfplZ6ivpNNERGAS7e8CRVr2Rj5CDnua3YgIdp3fKO0XcMbuwGFCpSC6Y1UBlfE-g72y1oEO7EbK=w386-h240-no

My cruise shows that the departure port is USA! Gee, that's helpful.:confused: I guess we should just show up in any coastal city and there'll be transportation to take us to the ship.

I also love (or should I say hate?) the one that tells me to please complete the primary guest information prior to making changes to my reservation. There is nothing missing that anyone at Celebrity or I or my TA can find missing. There is also not any place on the website that will show what they want or any way to edit anything!:mad:

My cruise shows that the departure port is USA! Gee, that's helpful.:confused: I guess we should just show up in any coastal city and there'll be transportation to take us to the ship.

I also love (or should I say hate?) the one that tells me to please complete the primary guest information prior to making changes to my reservation. There is nothing missing that anyone at Celebrity or I or my TA can find missing. There is also not any place on the website that will show what they want or any way to edit anything!:mad:

Yes, I keep getting the one about the primary guest information.

We were on Reflection last week and 4 of us tried to access the site from the ilounge computers (I thought it would be easier as I can no longer access the US site easily from home). No luck for any of us - none of the screens would load any of the cruises from the selected drop-down options. First time ever we've not booked a future cruise onboard (I like to check current pricing/itineraries etc. prior to visiting the FC reps).

You aren't getting the "Sign up/Log in" link at the top right?

NKnyyOuBNH7Rn7qwWQGhUFF77uRQ_IUgxDOEgbg00-01BrAU9v2P9T7HTy24XMshKRGp7KBLD-KeQ9AtxyVpfBTny_Q7TqfgrtNfO19Xr1cLbkj8sR16A50hiE6g-f6o2WcabstSf41EVLmXm2kyHc5COtJq2rB9YHhJ8Gsjh8EQ0EBeFxAgSXglICh6TpAyCSJ0Szhp28iEJNWnUhfhkPDF7mXdT52qgCKBXgLhNYINOu5aQJz0N75V8p9FMvYV9wIpDgteT1JOZi7ZiDazhwLEoHovU4UWkIxm6rG9wlADo7dha2ln6TBNrXvnu52xh6GnWr_ECHhjRPCmuxHBMhmARSQF9t4PMXnyKzydbZyqMdA3iWPytzO8qOB2tvyvTnoPzmvL1iwzBasrovPTciDy1aTWfDBkdAVaIRnVyoetYDhKB5EWLL9PU4D4g0WmNRG0QM0yZrexnRLBWcftf4CU-T6Pb1l41hfYygPNOrp2y7sHKqBQ4eoSB6ihtswx1PtVzPdwRpoJ23MSPi-j0UJCIE2J0jpsC-SeLAdKpfplZ6ivpNNERGAS7e8CRVr2Rj5CDnua3YgIdp3fKO0XcMbuwGFCpSC6Y1UBlfE-g72y1oEO7EbK=w386-h240-no

it is working for me right now. will be interesting how long it stays working. I seem to get mixed results of either no option/option there but can't be clicked/or working. On the Australian version of the site it is worse where they simply don't have the login option on the front page. up until this evening I was also getting taken to the option to book a new cruise everytime I clicked on my reservation to look at it, or I would end up with the message that I have been locked out for 20 minutes (which coincidentally I just got again now checking what is working). behaviour seems totally random, they seem to have spent all their time trying to make the site pretty and forgotten the most important thing is usability and information.

When I sign in and want to "manage reservation"...it tells me a have a

UNDEFINED cruise leaving in UNDEFINED days in a UNDEFINED room for UNDEFINED number of days leaving for UNDEFINED location on an UNDEFINED ship.

This gives me a defined headache.

P.S. ...cruise leaves in 23 days....I think

Artie:cool:

I wonder why they can't get their website act together? I cringe every time I have to go there, never knowing what glitchy "adventures" await. When I'm there, I jokingly call it Celebrity Curse Line.

All that said, I do love cruising on Celebrity, though.

it is working for me right now. will be interesting how long it stays working. I seem to get mixed results of either no option/option there but can't be clicked/or working. On the Australian version of the site it is worse where they simply don't have the login option on the front page. up until this evening I was also getting taken to the option to book a new cruise everytime I clicked on my reservation to look at it, or I would end up with the message that I have been locked out for 20 minutes (which coincidentally I just got again now checking what is working). behaviour seems totally random, they seem to have spent all their time trying to make the site pretty and forgotten the most important thing is usability and information.

Very strange. I think they are having database problems based on some of what I've seen others report ... missing information, and "NaN" in place of dates or times ("NaN" means "not a number" and can happen when the front end cannot convert the database value for time ... usually the number of seconds from a point certain in the past ... into a human readable form). And others have reported that with multiple cruises booked only one shows up, etc.

It has been an aggravation for me for months. I can get about 5 minutes of time doing anything in my reservation before it kicks me out and I get the locked out for 20 minutes message. I'm trying to review shore excursions right now and since I can't get through it in my rez I tried to go to the general shore excursion section and cannot get it to display excursions by port for the Caribbean. I haven't even tried to check in yet. We don't sail until January so I figure I'll just wait a bit and see if they fix these bugs. It's really unacceptable that a major company like this has had website issues going on this long though.

Tried filling out the passenger information yesterday.

They want "city" passport was issued in. There's no city shown on our passports. Just "Dept of State".

I typed in Dept of State, no workie. Typed in United States, no workie.

After 3 tries, it locked me out for 20 min.

Anyone had this problem?

Fortunately we aren't going until Nov. so guess I'll wait and hope things get better.

They want "city" passport was issued in. There's no city shown on our passports. Just "Dept of State".

Anyone had this problem?

Fortunately we aren't going until Nov. so guess I'll wait and hope things get better.

Yes. There is no way you would know, but if you call the passport agency and ask they will have you count down from the bottom row of numbers and greater than signs and uncode it for you. My husband and I mailed our passport renewals to Philadelphia, PA. My passport was issued in Charleston SC, his was issued in Portsmouth New Hampshire.

Anyone had this problem?

Use N/A - it accepts that answer.