Voom surf package showing on cruise planner

Hi

I'm going on the Jewel of the Seas on 20th August.

Just checked my cruise planner today and noticed that the surf voom plans have shown up, I know it has been discussed here that you can't usually buy it on the cruise planner. It didn't show up about a week ago when the surf and stream package only was shown (although at over £4/day more than the price shows now).

xSrSdj7d.png

And the surf and stream package is also available of course as before:

A6Z5j5kD.png

So not only is Surf available and it's on sale, but the diff between the two tiers is smaller than usual.

Yeah, the prices being so close seemed strange to me, I think I'll just go for surf and stream for all the difference. Surf and stream was over £4/day more expensive only a few weeks ago so I think I'll jump at it (I know I could have cancelled and reordered if I ordered at the higher price a week or so ago anyway)!

Don't go by descriptions - that's just marketing spin. The only thing that matters are on board speed test results.

My thoughts exactly. I'm sailing on the Brilliance on August 17, I noticed these two options with about $2/day difference. When I called RCCL and inquired about the differences in these two options I didn't get a definitive response.

From what I've been reading here on CC it seems that the Brilliance doesn't even have the upgraded "Voom." Are they selling the same product with 2 different prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My thoughts exactly. I'm sailing on the Brilliance on August 17, I noticed these two options with about $2/day difference. When I called RCCL and inquired about the differences in these two options I didn't get a definitive response.

From what I've been reading here on CC it seems that the Brilliance doesn't even have the upgraded "Voom." Are they selling the same product with 2 different prices?

From what I know, there is still a speed difference, surf and stream is something like 2 - 4Mb/s download and surf around 0.5 - 1.5Mb/s from speed tests I've seen.

While Brilliance does not have the faster O3b service, the service she does have is still delivered in two different service levels: Surf (slower) and Surf & Stream (faster).

While Brilliance does not have the faster O3b service, the service she does have is still delivered in two different service levels: Surf (slower) and Surf & Stream (faster).

Good to know, because just about a week ago on the cruise planner there was only one option given (as far as speed goes).

Good to know, because just about a week ago on the cruise planner there was only one option given (as far as speed goes).

Until very recently, the only package you could purchase pre-cruise for all ships was Surf & Stream.

From what I know, there is still a speed difference, surf and stream is something like 2 - 4Mb/s download and surf around 0.5 - 1.5Mb/s from speed tests I've seen.

I have yet to see any report of Surf above about .5 Mbps download speed.

What can you do with the surf and stream (it was included with my Deluxe Alcohol package :)) I get the alcohol and DH gets to check in with work :) In theory could we bring the apple TV plug it in the the TV and then stream our phone to it.

What can you do with the surf and stream (it was included with my Deluxe Alcohol package :)) I get the alcohol and DH gets to check in with work :) In theory could we bring the apple TV plug it in the the TV and then stream our phone to it.

Yes, in theory. In practice, you a much better change of a reasonable streaming experience on Oasis class, Quantum class, Freedom, Majesty, and Liberty.

Only Surf + Stream is available on my British Isles cruise on Brilliance next year, and it's $14.39 per day for 1 device. No multi-device packages available on Cruise Planner as yet, but we're still 283 days out. Hoping maybe the Surf-only and/or a deal will pop up closer to sail date.

We paid $7.99/day for surf and stream for one device on the Adventure in May. It was a special deal; have not seen one like that since.

Did you buy it before your trip or after you boarded? Was wondering when's the best time to buy the package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you buy it before your trip or after you boarded? Was wondering when's the best time to buy the package?

If you are a new cruiser to Royal, then your best deal will likely be pre-cruise during a sale. Keep checking your Cruise Planner.

If you are a new cruiser to Royal, then your best deal will likely be pre-cruise during a sale. Keep checking your Cruise Planner.

We are C&A members it's been about 5 years since our last RC cruise...first time to get internet access on our own device [emoji4]Thanks for info

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are C&A members it's been about 5 years since our last RC cruise...first time to get internet access on our own device [emoji4]Thanks for info

If you are Gold level, you would get a 10% discount for an internet package purchased onboard.