Cape Liberty Question

Sailingkidswine

At Cape Liberty, how does luggage work in regard to dropping it off and the parking garage. Want to be prepared and also want the least possible hassle/walk/etc.

Assuming you have someone with you just drop them off right at the front door to the terminal with the luggage. Park the car in the garage which is right next to the terminal. Whole thing takes less than five minutes and about a 100' walk. Porters are right there to take the luggage. Wide open area as you pull up so easy to see the process.

Last time I did the terminal I had my son with me so we just walked to the garage when we came home. It's that close...

Edited by dkjretired

At Cape Liberty, how does luggage work in regard to dropping it off and the parking garage. Want to be prepared and also want the least possible hassle/walk/etc.

Parking garage is really close to terminal. You can pull up to luggage drop off and check it with the curbside porters. Then, you get back into your car and drive to adjacent parking garage. Park your car, get your ticket, and walk back to terminal building with your carry on. New terminal is very convenient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't forget to take the ticket with you. You will pay at the end of the cruise using ticket machines at entrance to parking garage.

That's the way it was last year. Don't know if it changed.

It is ridiculously easy. We just did it in June...We dropped off bags and parked a few hundred feet ahead in the deck. Parking is 20$ a day, cc is fastest to pay before you get out of garage at the kiosk outside- but if using cash- use 20$ bills....must faster as others will be waiting behind you...our luggage is wheeled, so super easy when we returned to port...

Bernadette

When we came off the Summit last Sunday the porter actually walked the cart right to the parking garage where they now have a pickup loading area. My husband went and got our van, paid for the parking, backed it up into one of the spaces, loaded up and off we went! First time we did that in 4 cruises out of Bayonne. Very easy and convenient!

Sent from my iPad using Forums