RCI- Aussie dollar upgraded

Esilef

Just a FYI for Australians cruising on royal.

They have upgraded the value of the Australian dollar to the green back.

This means that our drink packages and shore excursions are suddenly cheaper 😊

Just a FYI for Australians cruising on royal.

They have upgraded the value of the Australian dollar to the green back.

This means that our drink packages and shore excursions are suddenly cheaper 😊

That's good to hear.

Years ago when the Aus$ was in free fall we had a cruise booked (and in fact paid for) only to be told we needed to pony up over $2,000 extra due to the falling dollar, wonder if they're giving refunds now it's climbing again?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

That's good to hear.

Years ago when the Aus$ was in free fall we had a cruise booked (and in fact paid for) only to be told we needed to pony up over $2,000 extra due to the falling dollar, wonder if they're giving refunds now it's climbing again?

Wow, you must have some messed up rules over there. When our CDN $ took a hit we didn't have to pay a penny more on any of our cruises that we had a deposit on, some were over a year out.

As far as refunds I know that if booked in North America that we can call and get a price adjustment should Royal change the cruise fare due to currency fluctuations.

Wow, you must have some messed up rules over there. When our CDN $ took a hit we didn't have to pay a penny more on any of our cruises that we had a deposit on, some were over a year out.

As far as refunds I know that if booked in North America that we can call and get a price adjustment should Royal change the cruise fare due to currency fluctuations.

They eventually admitted it shouldn't have happened, but it did all the same.

That's good to hear.

Refunds? We can dream can't we.... they would introduce a new "fee" before they did that

They eventually admitted it shouldn't have happened, but it did all the same.

My gosh, that's horrible! When they "admitted" it did they give you back your money?

My gosh, that's horrible! When they "admitted" it did they give you back your money?

Oh I cancelled the cruise as soon as it came up, then had to offer them a visit to Court to get my full refund.

By the time it was over I had a full refund plus $1000 credit with my TA to use in the next 12 months (no limits what we used it on) so we took our daughter on a short cruise with another line.

I'm not sure who kicked in the $1000 the line or the TA, but then I don't care either.