Crown Grill: $10 for an additional main dish on top of $29 fee

Lynzchat

zzzZZZZZzzzzz most of you rant has nothing to do with Crown Grill.

The decline in the Crown Grill is merely another symptom of the larger disease which is: The overall decline in Princess Cruises as a whole.

Thanks for your response.

We ate in the Crown Grill three times during our one week cruise on the Ruby Princess in early July. It varied from very good (Salmon and oysters on the first ) but my husband's lamb chops were quite puny and somewhat tasteless to a mediocre, thin porterhouse but very good veal chop on another night and awful filet and salmon on the third. The sides and appetizers were good not outstanding in our opinion. We chose to pay the additional charge as the main dining guide room was unappealing and Anytime Dining had long lines early on in the evening.

Princess really needs to consider making Surf & Turf a single entree, perhaps with a smaller filet than would come if ordered separately.

I think that's what prompted this post - going for $20 to $39 is quite a jump and is approaching the cost of a Ultimate Balcony Dinner or Winemaker's Dinner.

At $89 per couple, it's hard to see value considering the very average quality of the meat and inconsistent service offered.

I believe all the cruise lines have raised the price in their specialty dining venue's. we ate in crown grill last month and everything was perfect. Food, ambiance, service, desserts. For those who want the fine dining experience at sea and have the money to pay for the more expensive ships; then I say go for it. Like others who mentioned in above threads; cruising with 3000 plus passengers you have the choice to eat in one of the free dining venues; or if you want less crowds you can dine in a specialty venue. We all have a choice; so the choice to choose is always available. Please don't pick on Princess for raising their prices; as all the cruise lines have done this. I cruise with Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Princess; they all have raised prices in the pay venues; it is not just Princess. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Crown Grill Rocks

The last time I ate at CG and added on lobster it turned out that the lobster tails were about the size of the average... Umm... " male member" if you get my drift. Not what I would call large for a lobster tail.

Speak for yourself.

I believe all the cruise lines have raised the price in their specialty dining venue's. we ate in crown grill last month and everything was perfect. Food, ambiance, service, desserts. For those who want the fine dining experience at sea and have the money to pay for the more expensive ships; then I say go for it. Like others who mentioned in above threads; cruising with 3000 plus passengers you have the choice to eat in one of the free dining venues; or if you want less crowds you can dine in a specialty venue. We all have a choice; so the choice to choose is always available. Please don't pick on Princess for raising their prices; as all the cruise lines have done this. I cruise with Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Princess; they all have raised prices in the pay venues; it is not just Princess. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Crown Grill Rocks

Hear, hear! Well said!

Totally agree with you. We were on Holland in March and in their specialty restaurant if you want a lobster tail it was $10 extra. Celebrity's specialty restaurants are much higher than Princess.

Totally agree with you. We were on Holland in March and in their specialty restaurant if you want a lobster tail it was $10 extra. Celebrity's specialty restaurants are much higher than Princess.

:) Thank you for your vote of confidence