Hampton opening in December

3Putt77

A new Hampton is opening in December which I'm considering booking for an April cruise. Would anyone have feedback on the location? Is it safe and close to shopping or other activities?

3449 NW 42nd Ave., Miami, Florida, 33142, USA

Thanks!

You are looking at an "airport" hotel. If you want to see Miami and it's surrounding area, you'll need cab or Uber.

If arriving with lots of day and evening available to "do stuff", I'd choose something else that has you in a walkable neighborhood. There's a great Hampton Inn in Brickell ( downtown Miami).

I agree with eandj.

If you prefer a Hampton Inn I would go with the one downtown. It is not only near Brickell Village but also near Brickell Centre. Between both of these locations you have lots of shopping and restaurants. You would be about a 20 minute drive to the Port Of Miami.

Keith

Great advice. I've never toured Miami so I don't know the lay of the land. I'll look for something near the beach for my 10 year old. Thanks!

Miami does not have beach. You would need to head to Miami Beach. Personally I'd look at the Brickell Hampton. It's family friendly, has a pool and walking distance to restaurants and stores.

Too you can head over to Bayside Mall via people mover for boat tours or hop on bus tour of the Miami area.

Great advice. I've never toured Miami so I don't know the lay of the land. I'll look for something near the beach for my 10 year old. Thanks!

Just make sure you are looking on the actual beach and not just a shoreline. There is a lot of water in Miami but the only beach is on the barrier islands.

Best way to search IMO is checking out a site that has a satellite view with hotel prices like hotels.com then its easy to see whats on the beach.

Usually if its only for one day or an afternoon/evening most cruisers pick Downtown Miami and the Brickell Area.

Miami does not have beach. You would need to head to Miami Beach. Personally I'd look at the Brickell Hampton. It's family friendly, has a pool and walking distance to restaurants and stores.

Too you can head over to Bayside Mall via people mover for boat tours or hop on bus tour of the Miami area.

What about the Hampton Inn Southbeach?