Downtown Miami Restaurants / Attractions

Jschloss84

Hello all, so we are cruising out of Miami yet again in a week or so, we are flying in a day early (always ) in the morning and leaving a day after the cruise. We are staying at the Hyatt downtown and will have a car.

We are looking for attractions/good restaurants , we will possibly go to Miami Beach and watch the ships leave Saturday afternoon when we return.

We have never had this time pre or post cruise in Miami so just looking for suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll let the Miami experts chime in with specifics, but you are literally walking distance from a wide array of restaurants and bars of all varieties and price ranges... Also, close to the Brickell village, with great shopping, if that is your thing. I always stay in that area pre cruise, and take in what the neighborhood has to offer...

If you have never been to South Beach then the day you go watch the ships just walk over or take a quick Uber ride to South Beach. Watch the ships from South Pointe Park. You can walk down Ocean Drive, then have dinner on Lincoln Road or near by. My favorite places in Miami Beach for dinner would be Yardbird, Drunkin Dragon, Macchialina, or for more upscale you could try Meatmarket. There are also lots of places to pick on Lincoln Road. Just don't eat on Ocean Drive. Get reservations for any of the places mentioned beforehand.

For the day before your cruise I would look at checking out Downtown Miami a bit and maybe hopping over to Wynwood. Near by your hotel are an endless amount of places to eat, drink shop etc.. If you want to do something to see Miami a bit you could do a boat tour out of Bayside if the weather is nice its a nice way to spend an hour or so.

For food in Miami, if you have car maybe head to Little Havana and get some cuban food. Lots of great places to eat, oh and its Miami Spice season, so many of the best places in town have 3 course fix priced menus for $39.00/pp Many of these places just the steak or fish cost $40.00. Its a great deal and you should certainly keep that in mind for dinners. You can check out the places on Ilovemiamispice.com

Any specific request for food that you want to try? Don't like? Casual? Upscale?