Prepay for internet or not to prepay for internet

pearose

Now that you can pre-purchase an internet package on Carnival's website, does anyone know if it is actually cheaper to do it prior to sailing? For the value package online it says $71, which doesn't seem any cheaper, so just wondering?

On the ship it's $119 for premium for the week, I paid $104 online....

Directly from the Carnival website........

Internet Plans

Stay in touch with your loved ones for the duration of the cruise. Save up to 15% when booked prior to sailing versus on-board pricing.

You don't say how long your cruise is. Last year the value package was $16 a day or $90 a week when purchased on board.

Keep in mind this price is per unique log on and you can log on to only one device at a time. So if your family/group is able to share one log on, being on the internet at different times, you can save by not needing a new package for each person.

If needing to keep in contact with those you are sailing with you should investigate the free Carnival Hub app with it's in-app purchase of a chat feature for $5 each device for the length of the cruise.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Now that you can pre-purchase an internet package on Carnival's website, does anyone know if it is actually cheaper to do it prior to sailing? For the value package online it says $71, which doesn't seem any cheaper, so just wondering?

Here is the breakdown on a per day basis if you pre-purchase (and you have to purchase it for the full cruise). These prices are currently showing on our upcoming Conquest cruise booking:

Social - $4/day

Value - $10.25/day

Premium - $14.88/day

The breakdown on a per day basis if you purchase on-board (you only have to purchase for as many days as you want):

Social - $5/day

Value - $16/day

Premium - $25/day

Prices subject to change and may vary from ship to ship (per Carnival's web site): https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152

Here is the breakdown on a per day basis if you pre-purchase (and you have to purchase it for the full cruise). These prices are currently showing on our upcoming Conquest cruise booking:

Social - $4/day

Value - $10.25/day

Premium - $14.88/day

The breakdown on a per day basis if you purchase on-board (you only have to purchase for as many days as you want):

Social - $5/day

Value - $16/day

Premium - $25/day

Prices subject to change and may vary from ship to ship (per Carnival's web site): https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152

Thanks so much! I tried getting on Carnival's website and every time I clicked on the link for Internet FAQ it was giving me an error.

You don't say how long your cruise is. Last year the value package was $16 a day or $90 a week when purchased on board.

Keep in mind this price is per unique log on and you can log on to only one device at a time. So if your family/group is able to share one log on, being on the internet at different times, you can save by not needing a new package for each person.

If needing to keep in contact with those you are sailing with you should investigate the free Carnival Hub app with it's in-app purchase of a chat feature for $5 each device for the length of the cruise.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

The value plan was $60 for 7 days last year. The value plan was $72 for 7 days this year before prepurchasing became an option. There used to be a discount when purchasing onboard for the entire cruise.

I think offering to let us prepurchase was a way for Carnival to hide a second price increase this year.

Prepurchasing a 5 day value plan is $51.25 when the price should have been $48 onboard(based on a 20% increase in onboard entire cruise discounted prices from 2016 to 2017).

Thanks so much! I tried getting on Carnival's website and every time I clicked on the link for Internet FAQ it was giving me an error.

You're welcome. I'm guessing you are using Chrome as your browser as I have that same issue with Chrome on Carnival's web site occasionally and have to switch to IE.