Verandah Guaranty?

hermang

Just booked a Verandah Guarantee for the 11th of March Connie sailing.

So here is the $64,000 question. Given we are Elite status - anyone want to guess what we are going to wind up with?

What are the chances we will get upgraded to CC??

Once on RCCL ( Monarch) we were upgraded 4 classes went from Promenade ( 170 sq ft) to Bridge Deck 241 sq ft Balcony by taking the guaranty and we were only C&A gold at the time.

Not that it really matters as as long as we are cruising - just curious as to other's experiences

Considering your Captain's Club status you will get the minimum balcony cabin if they stay true to form. That nice couple next to you on their first X cruise however will get upgraded from the maids closet to a Royal suite.

Considering your Captain's Club status you will get the minimum balcony cabin if they stay true to form. That nice couple next to you on their first X cruise however will get upgraded from the maids closet to a Royal suite.

:D:D

Expect nothing more than a balcony cabin that you booked and you won't be disappointed. As cdbaum has indicated, just don't ask on the cruise if anyone got an upgrade and tune the word out of your vocabulary when you board;)

Phil

There were over 500 Elite and Select members on our recent cruise. While Classic is 1-5 cruises, and Select 5-9, the Elite category is anything from 10 to infinity! I don't think it means a thing when it comes to upgrading from a guarantee category. Just too many Elites to deal with. Other than the standard perks that are offered in that category, I see no other benefit. Even at the Captain's Table, only 2 couples were Elite members.

There were over 500 Elite and Select members on our recent cruise. While Classic is 1-5 cruises, and Select 5-9, the Elite category is anything from 10 to infinity! I don't think it means a thing when it comes to upgrading from a guarantee category. Just too many Elites to deal with. Other than the standard perks that are offered in that category, I see no other benefit. Even at the Captain's Table, only 2 couples were Elite members.

Out last cruise there were over 700 members, that's more than one in three . Isn't it great they took away the $35 membership fee and allow R&A members to get benefits.

They have watered down CC that it just doens't mean much anymore.

Guarantees are great. But remember you can not add any additional passengers even if the cabin accomodates them.

We were "upgrade" from a veranda guarantee to a concierge class cabin,They assigned our cabin number 7187, total cost $1500 for 2 people.

We though we had a nice size cabin so we would bring along my wifes mother. Called them to add a third person, they said it wouldnt be a problem.

Just pay another $2000 dollars I told them I was paid in full already, they said they know that, and there was and additional charge of $2000.

Well I was steamed having already invited my DMIL. The best they could do was downgrade us to an ocean view for an additional $1000. We accepted that. I saw a post on here about senior rates. Called Celebrity they said we could upgrade to the CC class for $300 more so we did.

The Moral of the Story IS...... ASK every possible question....... NEVER ASSUME anything.

Even after the nightmare I had with Celebrity we still had a wonderful cruise.... And I hit them for about $700 on the blackjack tables....

Archived