Carnival Dream trip report. Carnival Dream 8/13/17

steve4031

If you have questions ask and il try to help.

It

Its been a pretty tame day. A great breakfast in the restaurant. Joined up with others while waiting to go in. Conversation was great. Then a nap. I Played the music Trivia game and trivial pursuit. Then a nap and later guys burger. Very good. Then relaxed for the rest of the afternoon.

When I asked for any time dining the guy said it was full and sat me with singles at the late seating. I decided to go with the flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have questions ask and il try to help.

It

Its been a pretty tame day. A great breakfast in the restaurant. Joined up with others while waiting to go in. Conversation was great. Then a nap. I Played the music Trivia game and trivial pursuit. Then a nap and later guys burger. Very good. Then relaxed for the rest of the afternoon.

When I asked for any time dining the guy said it was full and sat me with singles at the late seating. I decided to go with the flow.

What first run movies are playing? Enjoying your posts!

One of the performers fell during the motown show. The show stopped and a medical alert was called. They showed up with a stretcher so the lady might be injured seriously.

One and done with the late seating. I usually easy earlier at home and go to bed around 10 pm. Eating and then going to bed isn't the best thing to do but I got easy this time. The service was slower and I was seated at a table where the chemistry was not there. So A long meal. On the way out I asked to be switched to anytime dining. This lady was concerned and asked what was wrong. I explained my desires and was switched.

I went to the Caliente club and enjoyed motown music. Danced with two partners and then went to bed.

I woke up this morning and we are sailing along the coast of Mexico just north of Cozumel. The boat rocks gently and I'm not worried about sea sickness.

After 3 gate changes and very helpful service from Southwest airlines I finally arrived New Orleans over 4 hours late. A 200 dollar luv voucher significantly reduced pain and suffering that was already miminal do to the "I'm on vacation and I'm happy mindset".

An easy lyft ride and hilton's digital key ensured quick access to my room.

After 15 minutes I was back on the move implementing plans to ride street cars and eat oysters at gallstones restaurant with dessert at Cafe during minded.

Enjoying your review and the fact that your phone has it own mind. I love gallstones, LOL!

I asked about the performer and was told she will be leaving the ship. She had 35 days left on her contract.

We sailed past cancun during breakfast. According to GPS map on the TV it looks like the ship is going to sail between the island of Cozumel and main land Mexico. No announcement has been made but I suspect we will stop in cozumel so she can be taken off in given proper medical treatment.

I hope Carnival takes good care of her. If this is a delay is for a good reason.

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the live review! I always love hearing about the Dream! I've sailed her 3 times so far.

On my trip in September, we had to stop in Cozumel on our way back to New Orleans for a medical emergency. Bummer you guys are missing out on Mahogany Bay though.

If you find yourself in the Piano Bar, tell Zack (the PBE) and Mignon (Bartender) that Adam from DC says hello! I'd appreciate it!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

I'll do that. We only stopped in cozumel for 30 minutes or so and then continued on.

I don't think we will miss Mahogany bay. No announcement was made to that affect.

Lazy afternoon of reading and napping. Then went to the diva song naming contest. Sat with two very nice ladies and got an invite to join them for dinner. We all have any time dining so that was a good move switching times.

I enjoyed my tour of the island with Victor Boden tours. Kirk drove me all over showing me different corners of the island. Feeding iguanas at the iguana farm was fascinating. Some are 45 years old. Then we went on to the monkey farm. When you feed a monkey sun flower seeds it talks into your ear add it sits on your head. It wraps its tail around your neck for support.

Here are my pictures for the day. https://goo.gl/photos/R7VtmzRKMAZ5kqVf6

Each day I enjoy a sit-down breakfast in the restaurant. For lunch I've decided that Guys Burger or the Deli will be first choice. The pizzaria just didn't get it done with taste IMHO. Everything else has been delicious. I had my first meal sans table cloth and didn't miss it. The steak was good and service was on point.

In going to try the pasta bar tomorrow for lunch.

The Hub App has worked well. I have used it to schedule events and find out when various places our open. The deck maps are clearly marked and helped me pick efficient routes around the ship. In Port the app retains ship time even if your phone changes to local time when you take it off airplane mode. This could save some one from having to be a pier runner.

What a great thread! Thank you for all of the lovely updates, it's almost like being there!

Next time your travel partner decides not to go, I'm sure you could get a replacement if you posted here! So many great people here at CC! ;)

Have a great cruise!