Unable to complete booking on Royal's website

tried to book on royal's website. I get as far as entering passenger info and then get "crown & anchor number is invalid" message. (numbers are not invalid).

I don't want to call in. I want to fix the problem so I can research fares and see what my cost is because booking deals for c&a are apparently "applied at checkout".

would love to hear from anyone who has had this problem and fixed it. (please, don't tell me to call in. Surely I should expect to complete a booking online if such an option exists).

thanks

Thy usually do IT maintenance on Saturday. Try again later. I can put in my C&A number, but on my wife's, I get the same message. So I just leave hers off. You only need one to get the C&A discount. Otherwise, I would call . To me, it wouldn't be a big deal.

not helpful
I'd actually echo the point to call. I like using the web too, but for a recent booking with four cabins including children in their own cabin, a guest with dietary restrictions, and a few special occasions, one call took care of everything, got me better pricing than I was able to get on my own and was able to identify a number of cabin options that I couldn't readily see online (because I was trying to book inside and balcony cabins near each other). There is something to be said for calling the experts rather than doing it on your own.

tried to book on royal's website. I get as far as entering passenger info and then get "crown & anchor number is invalid" message. (numbers are not invalid).

I don't want to call in. I want to fix the problem so I can research fares and see what my cost is because booking deals for c&a are apparently "applied at checkout".

would love to hear from anyone who has had this problem and fixed it. (please, don't tell me to call in. Surely I should expect to complete a booking online if such an option exists).

thanks

I understand that a growing number of people have phobias about making phone calls, especially as we rely more and more on online customer service.

However, RC's website is so poorly implemented/downright broken that if you're not willing to call you may have to do business with another cruise line. Also avoid Celebrity, as they use the same broken system.

thanks

If you are ready to book a cruise vacation, then why do you need to research fares. Isnt that done before you book your cruise? It's very obvious your not serious about booking otherwise you would just call. RCCL has horrible website service and we all have experienced that same problems. That's why we call in and speak to a live person. You can always back out of any deal...