Port Everglades Hotel Question

Boomer_Bob

September 30 We are sailing on the Carnival Splendor 8 day east carib cruise. I have booked rooms for night before at Holiday Inn Express in Dania Beach as that seems closest to the terminals. Any suggestions? Our check in time is 12:00-12:30 and I am a stickler for being there as early as possible. We cruise but not often and I don't want to miss a moment . Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (We have never cruised out of Port Everglades so if you can help me from not making a wrong turn .. Thanks)

Bob:cool: and Joan:)

You can not enter the building before your check-in time. If your status does not have priority boarding, and you prefer to check in earlier than your online check- in time, you need to buy the FTTF.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express SE 17th St

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by easyboy

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express SE 17th Street

We stayed there too. Pretty sure it is way closer to the terminals than Dania Beach. From the HI express on 17th, it is one turn (right at Walgreens) and you are in the Port area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dania Beach hotels aren't by the port. As mentioned, if you want a Holiday Inn Express, choose the one on 17th St in Fort Lauderdale.

You could look at Hyatt Place Convention Center too. It is off 17th St too, which is a popular nearby street to the port. Book it on valuetrips.Com for best pricing.

Other 17th St hotels are Rennaisance and Embassy Suites.

Edited by eandj

We stayed there too. Pretty sure it is way closer to the terminals than Dania Beach. From the HI express on 17th, it is one turn (right at Walgreens) and you are in the Port area.

Yes, closer than Dania Beach. But the OP already booked the rooms.

It's ok... based on these threads I have switched from the Dania Beach HI to the 17th street HI Thanks all for that great info!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Glad we could steer you in the right direction. Enjoy your stay. Any threads here asking what is near the Embassy Suites, also on 17th, will answer your questions regarding restaurants and shopping.

It's ok... based on these threads I have switched from the Dania Beach HI to the 17th street HI Thanks all for that great info!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Good! And if you plan to bring the 750ml bottle of wine or champagne on your carry-on, there is a liquor store, and a grocery, nearby.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I too am interested in info for a Fll hotel but our cruise is mid November. We also need a hotel where we can park our vehicle for the duration. Any suggestions would surely be appreciated. Being Canadian something in the low $100's would be ideal because of the 30% exchange. Thanks

I too am interested in info for a Fll hotel but our cruise is mid November. We also need a hotel where we can park our vehicle for the duration. Any suggestions would surely be appreciated. Being Canadian something in the low $100's would be ideal because of the 30% exchange. Thanks

I know the Fairfield Inn and Springhill Suites (both in Dania Beach) have park and cruise packages.