Spring Break

teacher34

can anyone tell me which weeks are considered spring break and which tend to be the most crowded? We are sailing on the Sunshine on March 4, 2018 and all the talk about kids on spring break and overcrowding has me nervous. Thank you.

That is the start of spring break. My college age son and his prep school younger brother are off that week. But that is here in VA. It will start to amp up the family count that week and continue (you can often see it reflected in prices) usually through the week after Easter into April.

We have been on Sunshine that exact week at spring break and had zero issues with crowds. But we also don't tend to hang out on the Lido deck. Just read up on planning to be in line for comedy club say 20 min at least before show - they will open doors 10 min or so before show time. We actually found the Magic the week before Christmas to feel more crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're going to Hilton Head in March and needed to check this. First, college spring break is different from high school spring break (in Charleston SC and Savannah GA). Focusing only on college spring break, there are schools with spring break on every week in March but four times as many during the week of March 10-17 as the week before and almost four times as many as the week after.

To find the list, Google, "COLLEGE SPRING BREAK DATES FOR 2018 When is my 2018 college spring break?"

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

It varies a lot, but most K-12 here have them the week before or after Easter. Our college has it the third week of March, regardless of when Easter is. I would think March 4 is a little early, but maybe not for colleges on a quarter system?

Last year I googled college spring breaks and there's a list of all the colleges in the US. There are many off that week and a lot the next two weeks. Even a few the last week in March. Most school systems are off either the week before or week after Easter. Some have standard weeks in April.

Since we are empty nesters I try to cruise when school is in session but have learned that there are always kids. We are cruising the week of October 14th and thought there would be few kids on board this close to school starting. Come to find out many schools have a fall break that week.☹️

My son's college has spring break in late February. Spring break can go from mid-February to mid-April for lower grades. I've cruised over spring break before and it wasn't bad - we were a group of 8 teachers doing our best to stay away from anyone under the age of 30! Small ship (the Holiday) and a great time :tropical-drink::tropical-drink::tropical-drink: I don't know if I would take a 3 day cruise during spring break time tho... that may be asking for trouble. :eek:

All of our cruises have taken place over Spring Break. There is usually a lot of families and some college kids, but we have never had a bad cruise because of them. I will say unsupervised kids have been more of an issue than unruly college kids. We have often enjoyed watching March Madness with college groups.

Spring Breaks begin in late February and end mid April.

I will be going on the Vista April 21,18 and Easter Sunday is April 7, 18 so hopefully all the breaks for the little darlings will be over and they will be back in school where they belong.

Gary

Oh, I envy you. We are taking a family cruise on the Magic the week of March 10th in order to accommodate the the younger family member's school schedules. It is the first cruise that will finally include my mom, stepdad, brothers & their families, daughter, son-in-law & grandson all at the same time. I really wish we could go another time so that our 6 new cruisers could experience what it is like when not so crowded. To add insult to injury, prices for our cabins and airfare are even higher due to seasonal demand. :loudcry:

All of our cruises have taken place over Spring Break. There is usually a lot of families and some college kids, but we have never had a bad cruise because of them. I will say unsupervised kids have been more of an issue than unruly college kids. We have often enjoyed watching March Madness with college groups.

Spring Breaks begin in late February and end mid April.

I have seen others onboard openly complain about this. Doesn't happen all the time though

I will be going on the Vista April 21,18 and Easter Sunday is April 7, 18 so hopefully all the breaks for the little darlings will be over and they will be back in school where they belong.

Easter sunday is 4/1/2018.....our kids (high school level) start their spring break with Good Friday on 3/30/18 through the next week (week after easter).

You'll never escape kids on a cruise. Some families homeschool, and they will take vacation when other kids are in school. They may treat their Caribbean cruise as an educational field trip. Or they may homeschool year round or during parts of the Christmas vacation.

March 4th is in the very early stages of Spring Break. Hopefully, You'll have some, but not a lot. That said, we are cruising the week of April 8, a full week after Easter. That's my granddaughter's Spring Break. And I heard, the cruise is almost a sell-out.

BTW, mid-October is also a big time for Fall Breaks now. And we can't forget Jersey Week which is the week that includes Election Day. Many Jersey kids are off that week.