Spring Break Cruise - Avoiding College Crowd

Sam, ...

Unless she teaches in a very unusual school, her spring spring is unlikely to overlap with college spring breaks. Those are usually earlier than school spring breaks.

Perhaps it varies by region, Merion_Mom.

My grandkids in 3 different public (k-12) school districts across Southeast Texas traditionally have the same week in March off for spring break as the college kids (University of Texas, Texas A&M, University of Houston, etc).

Wow a lot of great information guys, I really appreciate the help. The Allure definitely has my eye, I love that ship. I am so tempted to try a Celebrity but I am so worried it would be a waste of my money due to lack of variety and my kind of entertainment.

To answer - My fiance teaches 1st Grade (this year, it has changed every year), I work in Hotels (Hyatt) so I am always flexible. But i have noticed hers sometimes aligns with colleges and sometimes doesn't its very regional based on my research.

Wow a lot of great information guys, I really appreciate the help. The Allure definitely has my eye, I love that ship. I am so tempted to try a Celebrity but I am so worried it would be a waste of my money due to lack of variety and my kind of entertainment.

To answer - My fiance teaches 1st Grade (this year, it has changed every year), I work in Hotels (Hyatt) so I am always flexible. But i have noticed hers sometimes aligns with colleges and sometimes doesn't its very regional based on my research.

You will be amazed at the great info you can find on CruiseCritic offered by all the veteran cruisers. I mentioned earlier the both the cruises you are looking at should contain minimal college aged partying students. I would agree with Ken that you should highly consider the Allure cruise if it is in your price range. I think it will blow you away in terms of what it offers. You can make the cruise as action packed as you like (LOTS of activities - flowriding, rock climbing, 5 pools, ice skating, amazing shows) or as relaxing as you like (adult only Solarium area, string quartets playing outside under the stars in Central Park in the evening, etc.). Celebrity offers a great cruise as well, but I think you will really enjoy the Allure the most, especially since you work in hotels (I managed in hotels before I became a teacher - grade 3 for me next year). The Allure is like a giant hotel that houses 7,000 people at once.

You will be amazed at the great info you can find on CruiseCritic offered by all the veteran cruisers. I mentioned earlier the both the cruises you are looking at should contain minimal college aged partying students. I would agree with Ken that you should highly consider the Allure cruise if it is in your price range. I think it will blow you away in terms of what it offers. You can make the cruise as action packed as you like (LOTS of activities - flowriding, rock climbing, 5 pools, ice skating, amazing shows) or as relaxing as you like (adult only Solarium area, string quartets playing outside under the stars in Central Park in the evening, etc.). Celebrity offers a great cruise as well, but I think you will really enjoy the Allure the most, especially since you work in hotels (I managed in hotels before I became a teacher - grade 3 for me next year). The Allure is like a giant hotel that houses 7,000 people at once.

Yeah I have done the Allure before, she is an amazing ship love the Thermal Suite at the spa. It's an amazing operation. I was an aspiring Cruise Director throughout high school and the beginning of college until I met the one. Sadly, that dream went out the window but most days I feel like I made the right choice ;)

I have always loved seeing the back of house operation because of this so I did some tours with Ken Rush (Allure) and Allan Brooks (Freedom) back in the day and still am amazed by these ships. I am looking at some other options, like all inclusives and what not but I think if we cruise we will do the Allure. Would love to do a suite but we gotta save some $$ for the honeymoon.