QM2 Exercise Room & Eliptical ?'s

dtwtraveler

On the QM2 - 1. Does someone know how many eliptical machines are in the exercise room? 2. Also, I can't remember the times that the exercise room is available for us to use. 3. Finally, is there a sign-up sheet to sign up for each exercise machine as there was on the QE2?

dtwtraveler wrote:

On the QM2 - 1. Does someone know how many eliptical machines are in the exercise room?
As you enter there are 5 or 6 immediately to the left. There may be more but I never had to look for any more since they weren't in use as much as the treadmills or exercise bicycles. We never had to wait. BTW each is equipped with a television so one can view videos and t.v. while exercising. (Just be sure you have head phones with you.)

2. Also, I can't remember the times that the exercise room is available for us to use.

I believe the hours are 6am until 8pm.

3. Finally, is there a sign-up sheet to sign up for each exercise machine as there was on the QE2?

I believe that there aren't any sign-up sheets for the ellipticals.

Although I will always prefer QE2, however I must concede that the exercise facilities on QM2 are superior.

I wish both ships provided the sanitizing gel for the hand grips in both gyms.

Hi tandemtourer, are you saying that there are sign-up sheets for all of the other machines (not elliptical), including the bikes and treadmills? Also, do they have reclining bikes?

Thanks

The gym on the QM2 has to be the best I've ever seen at sea!!!!!!! There are approx 5 elipticals, didn't use stepper but I think there was about 5 of those too. 4 or 5 bikes and 3 or 4 recumbent bikes. Loads of treadmills!!!!! Weights area with machines and free weights. Truly superb set up. Cannot remember hours as I only used it around 5/6pm so that I could go straight back to the cabin for a shower after my workout and then got ready for dinner. I think the hours were reasonable though. No sign up sheets required for any machines as far as I was aware. There are certainly enough machines to go around, so if all the elipticals were taken I just used a different machine until the next one became available.

You will not be disappointed with the gym I can guarantee it!!

My husband used the gym on QE2. I didn't!! I found it rather claustrophobic down there. He also hit his head on the ceiling quite a few times!!!!!!!!!

Elaine

The gym on the QM2 has to be the best I've ever seen at sea!!!!!!!

I agree the gym is one of the best at sea with one exception. There are no a changing rooms, lockers, or showers available for gym-only patrons. The locker room is located inside the Canyon Ranch Spa and you can't use it unless you pay for a treatment. For anyone on QM2 looking for a free sauna, steam, shower, or locker ... you are out of luck. This is frustrating since almost every other cruise ship offers these amenities for free.

From my experience, other great shipboard gyms include:

PRIDE OF AMERICA

CARNIVAL PRIDE/SPIRIT

VOYAGER OF THE SEAS

CORAL PRINCESS

OOSTERDAM

INFINITY

I might add on each of the above ships, lockers, sauna, and in most cases a steam room is free of charge.

Ernie

Elaine...just checking in with you...just got back from 14 days to Hawaii and back on the Celebrity Infinity....great trip! How are you? What's up? LuAnn

Hi LuAnn

Lovely to hear from you. Getting all excited about my forthcoming Xmas cruise. 22 nights of pampering awaits and it can't come quick enough. Looking forward to some lovely sunny weather. Rushing around like a headless chicken doing all my last minute xmas shopping and I've also got to get birthday presents for Tom too, which is whilst we are on board.

I will try and e mail you anyway.

Elaine xx

Archived