Suite perks -- free dry cleaning and club class dining

kstrittm

Thanks for the info. We do drink but not enough to make a AIBP work for us so we will probably make good use of what's in the mini bar. lol. We have thoughts of purchasing the Unlimited Soda & More package, though. Thanks for spelling it out. These are some nice benefits. Are the cocktails in the elite lounge free or reduced price?

Funkat, we never visited the elite lounge which is located in Skywalkers. We had our two grandkids with us; and didn't feel like leaving them while we went to lounge. I am sure someone on this thread has used the elite lounge and can tell you what they offer. The unlimited soda package will get you fountain soda; you will not get a can of coke; you get the fountain drink. My wife and I bought this package before and did not care for it. A lot of the times the fountain soda tasted funny like it was watered down. I guess that has to do with the carbonation from the fountain. The coffee card gets you unlimited regular coffee from int'l café; and fufu drinks like frappacinio's. My wife would get a chai tea latte every day. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of the soda package partially due to the mocktails available on it, but I definitely would not be happy if my Cokes didn't taste right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funkat, the drinks in the Suite (Platinum, Elite and Suite) lounge are not free. There is a short list of feature drinks at $6.50 each. The list recently changed and the price went from $5 to $6.50, although I am not sure this is entirely accurate concerning price when sailing down under. Also, you can take your friends with you to the lounge, we frequently host another couple in the lounge. You cannot take them to Club Class or Suite Breakfast, but you may also dine using the regular part of the anytime dining room if you wish to dine with them. Frankly, I wouldn't give up the suite breakfast for anyone, but I would join friends for dinner on most evenings. You may also have afternoon tea (remind room service that you wish the sandwiches, scones, sweets as well as tea) delivered to your suite, and order it for as many people as you wish, so you can easily host your friends for a private tea party.

No to the priority embarkation unless they have elite status, same with tendering. The disembarkation gets tricky, the technical answer is no, BUT if there are not an overwhelming number of people who will be in that lounge, the hostess might allow them to join you, especially if you have identical onward travel plans, also, the host or hostess might not be checking cruise cards carefully or at all.

Thank you. This information is very helpful. This is the type information that is not easy to find. I have read & reread the information on the Princess website but it doesn't disclose this. Also, with the Sun bring an older & smaller ship, I figure that some perks will not be available.

Thank you. This information is very helpful. This is the type information that is not easy to find. I have read & reread the information on the Princess website but it doesn't disclose this. Also, with the Sun bring an older & smaller ship, I figure that some perks will not be available.

Took a peak at the deck plans for the Sun, have sailed her sisters the Sea and Dawn, but they keep changing things around. First, doesn't look like they really have a separate dining room available for the suite breakfast, so you might wind up having the Club Class breakfast. We haven't done that, just the suite breakfast in the specialty restaurant dining room, but we have had the Club Class the rest of the time, and I suspect that the Club Class breakfast will be a wee bit nicer than the regular dining room, with omelets made to order by the head waiter, and a less rushed feeling. Perhaps they will still offer you the complimentary mimosas and espresso based beverages, as you are in a suite. (We would miss those.) Also, my recollection of the Sea Princess is that they did not have the space to dedicate for the Suite lounge, and hence, did not offer one. I hope they have figured this problem out and you will have the opportunity to enjoy a few leisurely cocktail hours there if you wish. (We missed the suite lounge too.)

On the other hand, I prefer the balconies on the Sun class ships, as they are carved out of the hull, and hence, more private than on the newer ships. We had an aft suite.....wonderful and private. I don't know if they have switched out the teak balcony furniture out of safety concerns or not. It's been a while since we were on a Sun class ship, obviously.

If I think of anything else that might be helpful, I'll post here but for now, can't think of anything more except have a fantastic time and be careful. You will be spoiled after one cruise in a suite, they got us hooked on it by giving us a courtesy upgrade.

Took a peak at the deck plans for the Sun, have sailed her sisters the Sea and Dawn, but they keep changing things around. First, doesn't look like they really have a separate dining room available for the suite breakfast, so you might wind up having the Club Class breakfast. We haven't done that, just the suite breakfast in the specialty restaurant dining room, but we have had the Club Class the rest of the time, and I suspect that the Club Class breakfast will be a wee bit nicer than the regular dining room, with omelets made to order by the head waiter, and a less rushed feeling. Perhaps they will still offer you the complimentary mimosas and espresso based beverages, as you are in a suite. (We would miss those.) Also, my recollection of the Sea Princess is that they did not have the space to dedicate for the Suite lounge, and hence, did not offer one. I hope they have figured this problem out and you will have the opportunity to enjoy a few leisurely cocktail hours there if you wish. (We missed the suite lounge too.)

On the other hand, I prefer the balconies on the Sun class ships, as they are carved out of the hull, and hence, more private than on the newer ships. We had an aft suite.....wonderful and private. I don't know if they have switched out the teak balcony furniture out of safety concerns or not. It's been a while since we were on a Sun class ship, obviously.

If I think of anything else that might be helpful, I'll post here but for now, can't think of anything more except have a fantastic time and be careful. You will be spoiled after one cruise in a suite, they got us hooked on it by giving us a courtesy upgrade.

Oh, oh, oh, you can order room service off the dining room menus during the hours the dining rooms are open. So you could have your friends over to your suite for dinner. Your cabin steward is highly likely to always provide you the full breakfast menu the evening before, but you are probably going to have to ask if you wish the luncheon and dinner menus. Just ask your cabin steward at the start of the day if you think you want dinner en suite on any giving evening.

Thanks. Anything you can think of helps. I got such a deal on this suite that I don't plan to complain about anything [emoji3]. This will also give us the opportunity to try out the aft facing balcony in a grand style. We usually go with a midship balcony.

Funkat, once you board if you have any questions ask your room steward. ours was very informative once we asked questions. Keep a copy of suite benefits handy. Also, there is a dedicated suite line at guest services; they were great in resolving two issues. Issues had to do with port valet program and nothing about ship or service

Funkat, once you board if you have any questions ask your room steward. ours was very informative once we asked questions. Keep a copy of suite benefits handy. Also, there is a dedicated suite line at guest services; they were great in resolving two issues. Issues had to do with port valet program and nothing about ship or service

Thanks for the info!

We stayed in a suite in July. First time on a Princess Cruise. Whatever is listed on website is what you will get. Here are a few things I found out. My wife and I don't drink so we asked to have booze taken out of room and replaced with soda's. We had enough soda's for the week. Or you can have a coffee card instead of the booze. I pre purchased coffee card so did not use this option. We used the free laundry service. Our cabin steward took care of that. Every afternoon we had a tray of food in cabin waiting for us to eat. Two corsages were there on formal night. We used room service breakfast twice. It was on time and hot. Our room steward did not tell us anything about what suite benefits we had. We received letters telling us we had access to elite lounge for drinks every night. We used club class dining which was a great perk. We used crown grill on first night; also a suite perk. We ate breakfast in Crown Grill

2 coffee cards for the complete mini bar trade. ;)