Ncl escape ropes course

cbowls30

hi all

Can anyone tell me if when you do the ropes course you can pick an easy or hard route? I really want to try it but worried I will get up there and find it's too hard and too scary, I,enthe zip line that curves off the side of the ship would terrify me! Can it be avoided if you go round another route?

Thanks!

I don't recall 100% but I didn't think there was any other way. There's the first zip line over the jogging track / Margaritaville seating area. Then I thought you go right to the "over the edge" zipline. I'll try to find pictures to see if I am mistaken.

There are definitely parts of the ropes course where you can pick easy or hard. Easy being routes with more planks/solid wood as opposed to hard being routes with thin ropes to cross. Also, when the upper portion is open (when it's not too windy), you can definitely skip it.

The onboard ropes course has obstacles comparable to an easy land-based ropes course. As mentioned above, there's no set course through it so you can chart your own course, stay up as long as you want, and skip any obstacles that look too scary or challenging. Your harness also remains permanently attached above you, so you don't have to worry about clipping and unclipping safety lines as you move between elements.

I'll be 61 by our Nov cruise and I want to do the ropes course. Wife says noway.

I did the course last Sept and loved it...I am going again next week and cannot wait to do t!he zip line again what a hoot to zip on top of a ship..! By the way I am 5ft 8in 290 lbs and I turned 68 years young last Monday :)

I'll be 61 by our Nov cruise and I want to do the ropes course. Wife says noway.

I did it on the Getaway last year ... and it was easy .. the rope you are harnessed to can be used to balance yourself .. so that makes it more stable ...and I am 57 ...

• 1 month later...

There are atleast a part you must follow a route. I didn't notice how bad my balance really was until I went up the first set of stairs. It was a sea day and a ton of wind. I couldn't even get past the first part since there was nothing what so ever to grab on a balance beam. I had to turn around and head back down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...

Okay, so I went on ropes course for first time two years ago....at the age of 70. Parts of the ropes course were rough for me (walking on single rope was toughest), but I believe that you can take optional routes. There’s no set route, so you can take the easier section. It was a bit exhausting to me, but I made it. Also, on the next cruise on the Bliss, I did the zip line on Harvest Caye (check it out!). As long as you are in fair shape, you can do it! Enjoy!

32 minutes ago, yearsofcruising said:

Perrhaps there is a more current thread but can u do the zip lining without the rope course.thxs

The zip line is in the middle of the ropes course, so I believe that you need to do at least part of the course.