Anthem IFly - Seperate Reservations

My DH and I are cruising Anthem in late September. We are both interested in participating in IFly. Since we cannot be assured that a photographer is there during our reservation, would it be better to reserve different times? My impression is that if we have the same time, we will both be suited up and not able to take a camera/phone to switch off taking photos? We would be fine to have separate times and be able to capture pics/video as a bystander. Can anyone confirm/deny the scenario?

Either way would work, If you go on the same session simply find someone else to take the pics.

Thanks. We aren't cruising with anyone we know. Though we are friendly and will meet and mingle...was not sure how the phone/camera "pass-off" works? If DH can take a pic while I'm flying and then switch when he is flying? My impression was that the participants cant take anything with them and that photographers need to be "outside" of the staging area. Handing off electronic equipment (phones lock and need pass codes) to a stranger and asking them to wait while we suit up, get instructions and wait our turn seems a lot? I'm certain I'm overthinking it? ;p

I just did this on Anthem with my son. They let people in and out of the area- my son went first and I took video of him. I waited outside the chamber with a few others who were also flying and taking pics/video of people inside. Once everyone inside the chamber flew, they opened up the door and we switched. I HIGHLY recommend getting reservations the first day of the cruise- the machine was either broken or no appointment times were available the rest of the cruise. I booked it on the app once we got on the ship the first day.

I just did this on Anthem with my son. They let people in and out of the area- my son went first and I took video of him. I waited outside the chamber with a few others who were also flying and taking pics/video of people inside. Once everyone inside the chamber flew, they opened up the door and we switched. I HIGHLY recommend getting reservations the first day of the cruise- the machine was either broken or no appointment times were available the rest of the cruise. I booked it on the app once we got on the ship the first day.

Thanks! I plan to use the app when we get on board as we booked the cruise late and all online reservations are already gone!

Thanks! I plan to use the app when we get on board as we booked the cruise late and all online reservations are already gone!

Just be aware that the guide that is in the tube with you generally points you towards the outside of tube where the photographer is - you might not get very good pics from someone in the waiting area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just be aware that the guide that is in the tube with you generally points you towards the outside of tube where the photographer is - you might not get very good pics from someone in the waiting area.

Good to know. Thanks!