Our Legend… (Wait for it) …Dary Alaskan Cruise 2017

NWACruiser

I am enjoying your report immensely! Incredible pictures!

The pictures you got from the plane are really interesting. Do you have any idea what the green circles are (Wyoming). I always wonder when I see them. The mountain peaks are really impressive. I love that the sightseeing begins before you even get off the plane!

We ate at Fisherman's Restaurant as well (post-cruise). We LOVED it! The food was fantastic and you could not beat the view of the wheel and the bay.

I love your picture of the wheel with the kelp sculpture from the aquarium in the foreground. Great shot!

LOL on the comment about the picture of Mt. Rainier over the cranes or whatever those metal structures are. I guess everyone has to take that photo!

We also ate at the steakhouse on the first night.

I enjoyed seeing your gorgeous pictures in Tracy Arm. The glaciers, the waterfalls and cascades and the blue bergs are so beautiful.

I'll continue reading tomorrow.

What a fantastic review of your trip! I love your pictures!

Skagway-

The scenery there is unmatched! You have excellent pictures from your tour, I especially like the ones from the train of the train(s) and the rivers. Were you at one of the outside spots?

We walked by that river in town on the way to the ship and it was literally littered with salmon. Lots of live ones and a fair number of ones that did not make it :(

Thank you so much for the explanation about the rock wall paintings. I didn't know that but was wondering what it was all about.

Juneau

Fantastic pictures of the eagles flying!

Wow, it looks like you had spectacular weather in Juneau. It alternated between sprinkling and pouring while we were there.

I admire your pictures of the USS Juneau Memorial- my 16 year old son is a serious history buff, with a particular interest in WWII and other military engagements. He asked me to take pictures of the memorial, but mine are not great since they were taken quickly and with my point and shoot-my good camera was away at the time. May I share copies of your photos with him?

We had hoped to make it onto the tramway, but the clouds were obscuring the view. Once again, I love your pictures of the port and on the trail. More eagles! <3

I'm glad you found the ship's coin!!!

Congrats on your starring role in the show. What a great experience. I couldn't make out the letters you were performing. Where you Y-M-C or A or some other letter from a different alphabet?

Ketchikan

Thanks for sharing all the photos of the logging show and Creek Street. We didn't have time to make it over there in our short time at port, but it looks fascinating.

Your pictures around the ship are wonderful. I love the great shot of the not-so-great mini golf shot with the airborne ball!

Victoria

I also appreciate your explanation of the Jones Act. I knew we had to have a port stop in Canada but I didn't know exactly why.

I love the pictures you got of the crew who helped make your cruise special. We had Your Time Dining with different wait staff throughout the week, so we really didn't make a connection. Our room steward introduced himself to us in the hall, but we didn't have much interaction with him.

Seattle

Looks like a great tour of the city. Again, you were lucky with weather. The fires in British Columbia were just starting to clear while we were there. We could faintly see Mt. Rainier. My son spotted it- he said, "Look higher up than you think it should be!" He was absolutely right.

Thanks again for detailing your trip for us!

What a fantastic review of your trip! I love your pictures!

Skagway-

The scenery there is unmatched! You have excellent pictures from your tour, I especially like the ones from the train of the train(s) and the rivers. Were you at one of the outside spots?

I was between two cars most of the time. There was a spot to stand and take photos.

We walked by that river in town on the way to the ship and it was literally littered with salmon. Lots of live ones and a fair number of ones that did not make it :(

Thank you so much for the explanation about the rock wall paintings. I didn't know that but was wondering what it was all about.

You are welcome.

Juneau

Fantastic pictures of the eagles flying!

Wow, it looks like you had spectacular weather in Juneau. It alternated between sprinkling and pouring while we were there.

I admire your pictures of the USS Juneau Memorial- my 16 year old son is a serious history buff, with a particular interest in WWII and other military engagements. He asked me to take pictures of the memorial, but mine are not great since they were taken quickly and with my point and shoot-my good camera was away at the time. May I share copies of your photos with him?

Yes, you can share. I am from a family that had many members in the military. I support all Americans that have given the ultimate sacrifice, so that anyone can come to this country so they can make a better life.

The weather in Juneau was spectacular. We had a great day to be there.

We had hoped to make it onto the tramway, but the clouds were obscuring the view. Once again, I love your pictures of the port and on the trail. More eagles! <3

I'm glad you found the ship's coin!!!

Congrats on your starring role in the show. What a great experience. I couldn't make out the letters you were performing. Where you Y-M-C or A or some other letter from a different alphabet?

I was in the show earlier. I wore a blue shirt. I was holding up my index finger while dancing. See if you can figure out which one.

Ketchikan

Thanks for sharing all the photos of the logging show and Creek Street. We didn't have time to make it over there in our short time at port, but it looks fascinating.

Your pictures around the ship are wonderful. I love the great shot of the not-so-great mini golf shot with the airborne ball!

Victoria

I also appreciate your explanation of the Jones Act. I knew we had to have a port stop in Canada but I didn't know exactly why.

I love the pictures you got of the crew who helped make your cruise special. We had Your Time Dining with different wait staff throughout the week, so we really didn't make a connection. Our room steward introduced himself to us in the hall, but we didn't have much interaction with him.

Seattle

Looks like a great tour of the city. Again, you were lucky with weather. The fires in British Columbia were just starting to clear while we were there. We could faintly see Mt. Rainier. My son spotted it- he said, "Look higher up than you think it should be!" He was absolutely right.

Thanks again for detailing your trip for us!

Thank you for reading my review. I am reading yours and it seems like you also had a great time.

I was using a Canon T5i with a 17-135 mm lens and a 55-250 mm lens. For the outdoor photos, I use a polarizer filter to reduce the haze.

The other camera was a Nikon Coolpix AW-130 point and shoot. It is waterproof to 100 feet. A few photos came from my cell phone. I carried it with me to track how much walking I did each day. It was between two to three hours each day that I was walking.

I did find the Hub was not very useful.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for your excellent review and beautiful photos.  We are booked for May 2019 and while I'm waiting I've been watching YouTube videos and reading reviews.  We booked over a year ago, so I'm just ready for it to get here already!  We have time pre and post-cruise in Seattle and our cruise is 8 nights.  We are scheduled to cruise Glacier Bay (instead of Tracy Arm) and visit Icy Straight Point in addition to what you did.  Thanks again for taking the time to do this!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jc4me said:

Thank you for your excellent review and beautiful photos.  We are booked for May 2019 and while I'm waiting I've been watching YouTube videos and reading reviews.  We booked over a year ago, so I'm just ready for it to get here already!  We have time pre and post-cruise in Seattle and our cruise is 8 nights.  We are scheduled to cruise Glacier Bay (instead of Tracy Arm) and visit Icy Straight Point in addition to what you did.  Thanks again for taking the time to do this!

You are welcome

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have enjoyed your review, thanks for taking the time and posting the pictures.

We are cruising the Legend in July and really looking forward to it. We sailed her sister The Miracle to Hawaii last year which was a fantastic trip as well. You are right to want to see it.

Edited by Clairescurtains
  • Like 1