Question on seat configuration on American Airlines 777

SF

I heard they rearranged the seating configuration on these planes is that true? SeatGuru states " Underseat space at all A, J, D and F seats is limited due to entertainment system box." Was wondering if you have a seat "A" does that mean you won't have ANY room under the seat in front to stretch your legs? Has anyone flown this type of plane recently?

Need to decide ASAP so whatever information you can share would be helpful. Thanks.

I was on a plane when I went to and from Frankfurt that had a box under the seat in front of me (not sure if it was a 777 or not). I would have been able to fit a small backpack underneath it, but not a regular carry-on size luggage. My normal sized backpack didn't fit while full. I'm not sure if that'd be the case with the 777 or not.

IME the boxes are annoying and restricting, but don't usually take up all the room under the seat in front.

I do, however, wish that airlines would have some "no entertainment" zones for those of us who don't want to watch their electronic babysitting and would prefer to have all the underseat space.

Archived