Solar Eclipse Today!

*Miss G*

We where in the appr. 80% zone north of Toronto. We watched it with our great grand daughter. Clear sky, it didn't get dark, used a pin hole box to see the crescent shape of the sun. The next one in 2024 in this area will be in the 100% zone. All things been equal I should hopefully be here to see.

Allan

We had 71% in New York City and there were a couple of places in the Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine where the windows acted as pinholes (gaps in the stained glass?!) projecting the images on the floor (about 7" diameter). Very cool. As clouds moved in front of the sun you could also see it in the images.

I came late to this thread but honestly the eclipse was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I can understand how people become eclipse junkies-I've already put the 2024 one on my calendar.

Here in St. Louis we experienced totality. I could have watched it from my own patio but decided to go party with others. I think hearing the cheers and whistles and wows was a part of it. During the 1+ minutes I saw pink around the sun, Venus clearly shining, the sun shining all along the horizon and then as the moon moved on I saw the diamond ring. That phenomenon was so unbelievable; I had read about it and seen pictures but nothing prepared me for the intensity, brilliance and perfect white light that I saw. The pictures I have seen online were beautiful but the fact is none of them actually captures what you see with your own eyes.

St. Louis Sal

Salem Oregon - The eclipse was beautiful. Totality went by so quickly.
I too went to Salem.... Weather was cool and the skies were clear.

Greyhound's $12 ticket was too tempting from Portland. Traffic afterwards was brutal at 4 hrs on the return.

Can you imagine 6,000 passengers plus some of the 2,000 crew all trying to find space to see it? :eek:

yes, because I did this 5 years ago on the Oosterdam.

It's an amazing experience.

A little late but Monday's: I'm in Indianapolis, Indiana, we had 92% and the clouds broke just in time.