Emerald vs. Ruby

elycelynne

I'm actually going to be sailing out of San Francisco on my 10-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Grand coming up in January. I assume that all cruises that leave out of San Francisco sail under the Golden Gate Bridge -- Correct?

I think that's the only way out of the Bay.

Remember, it's often cool & windy there, no matter the time of year. It was almost bitter when I did it in February 2015.

I agree. I would take 10 days at sea on a Princess cruise ship over spending all those hours on a plane getting to and from Hawaii. Also would not have to pack and unpack so many times.

The flight (from SFO) over was 4 1/2 hours. Very easy.

Landed at Honolulu took a cab to Waikiki and we were on the beach in under 2 hours.

The next day on the POA for 7 days (2 days Kahului, Maui - overnight, 2 days big island, 2 days Lihue, Kauai-overnight).

Off the ship the following Saturday and then 6 days at the Hawaiian Village.

We each took a small bag, you realize that all you need is flip flops, shorts (& swim trunks), and casual pants and covered shoes for the balance of the trip.